Chapter 19: Calming Down

Jason's P.O.V. 

  "Hey, Jase." Julia's sweet voice rang through the phone, but not even that could make me smile. I was freaking pissed. Brian had brought that stupid Danielle girl to the warehouse and expected Alex and I to fall on our knees worshipping her.

Yeah, not so much. 

Sure, she was really pretty, her straight, dark brown hair pulled into a loose side braid, intelligent green eyes standing out against fair, freckled skin. She was full of prestige, but there was no way I was welcoming her with open arms. We had enough people on fucking mission, adding another person would make it that much harder to keep it a secret. 

  "Hey, babe." I sent a deep glare towards Danielle, who was standing cautiously by the door, arms crossed over her chest, shooting slightly annoyed glances at Brian while he was trying to flirt with her. "Everything okay?" Julia asked me. "Well, no. Remember that 'meeting' Brian was arranging?" "Yeah," she said slowly. "What about it?" "It's today. Now. Fantastic, isn't it?" "Jason, do me a favor and walk outside so we can talk without you having to talk in freaking riddles." I did as she said and walked outside, angrily kicking the door open. 

    "I can't fucking believe Brian had the balls to call this shit load of a meeting. I'm so fucking pissed right now I could blow all of damned Vegas to fucking smithereens." "Wow, Jason, why don't you tell me how you really feel." "Fuck me." "Happily. You tell me when and where." "Julia!" I growled, kicking the dirt. "I'm really not in the mood!" "Jeez. I was trying to cheer you up. So is the witch there?" "More like bitch," I grumbled. "Yeah, she is. I'm ready to blow up the fucking warehouse." "I know, baby, I know. Just take a deep breath and clench and unclench your free hand. Okay?" I let out a low growl through my nose and used my clenched hand to punch a hole through the side of Brian's car. 

   "You're not calming down, are you?" "Hell no! Brian's done some pretty fucked up shit in the past, but this is fucking ridiculous. We don't need another fucking person!" "Okay, Jason, I'll be there in a couple minutes. Try not to blow anything up before I get there, okay? You forgot our little plan about breaking all the rules, didn't you?" I could hear the pout in her voice, and just like that my anger faded, relaxed by my always-raging teenage hormones.

again, so short. sorry.