Chapter 24: Good Morning

A soft hum interrupted my peaceful sleep, my face buried into Julia’s sweet-smelling hair, our bodies tangled together intimately. “Hmm.” I sleepily raised my face to see my phone lighting up with that ridiculously old picture of me and Alex. 

   I groaned and let my head fall back onto Julia’s pillows. I wasn’t going to let a call from my brother ruin the morning from the best night of my life. 

      “Mph…Jase?” Julia’s tired brown eyes blinked sleepily at me, dark circles ringing under them.  “Morning, beautiful,” I said, softly kissing her lips, my chest tightening with emotion.  Our lips broke apart and she met my eyes, delicately teasing her fingers through my tangled hair.  At least she was getting rid of the tangles she created.  Should’ve known she was a hair-puller.

     “I love you, but your phone is really annoying,” she murmured, her voice gentle in the stilled peace of the room.  I chuckled. “Sorry. I was hoping it wouldn’t wake you.” My voice was low and husky, my fingers reaching out to brush soft brown hair away from Julia’s eyes.  

     I grunted, stretching my sore, stiff muscles as I stood to answer my phone. I completely forgot about being naked. I grabbed my phone and launched myself back onto her bed, almost landing on her and making the whole bed bounce.

   She hit me with a pillow. “Jerk!” “Sorry! I’m self-conscience.” I pouted my lower lip and she hit me again, giggling. “Are not.” “Are too. I mean, I didn’t even want to take my clothes off last night.” “You took them all off yourself, idiot!” “But I struggled with it!” “Oh, my gosh,” she groaned, falling back against the bed. “I cannot believe I just gave my virginity to an eleven year old.” Eleven and a half.” “Jason!”

   The feather pillow came into sharp contact with the back of my head, pushing my face into the mattress.  “Abusive!” I accused, wagging a finger at her. “Violence is not the answer!” And in response….she hit me again.

  I gave her a cute grin before hitting the answer button and putting my phone to my ear.

    Only to hear the sounds of my brothers screams echoing through the line.