Chapter 18: No Dirty Talk

 I knocked nervously on Scarlett's door, gnawing my lower lip anxiously. Yeah, we had been best friends since I could remember, but I hadn't talked to her in the past two weeks. She'd had school stuff to do, applying to college early. She was ridiculously smart, and had colleges like Hartford, Yale, and all those other Ivy League colleges battering after her. 

    I held my breath as the door cracked open and a pair of shining blue eyes poked out behind the wood. 

   "Jules!" "Hey, Scar!" the door flew open and I was yanked into one of her famous bone- crushing hugs, smelling her same as ever lavender perfume. "Hey!!!!" I smiled and hugged her tight. "oh my gosh, girl, I've missed you so much!" she squealed, pulling away and brushing her long, wavy black hair away from her shoulders. "I've missed you, too!" 

  "Come in! We've got so much stuff to talk about!" I laughed as she drug me into the house, up the stairs and to her room. She had all the stuff already laid out, her bed covered in bags of Cheetos, Oreos, chips in all of our favorite flavors, a fridge pack case of root beer, and candy of all varieties smothering her pillow , the most popular being Reeces. My favorite. 

   "Somebody went shopping," I said, making her laugh. "My parents let me have a big sleep over that got canceled be quad I was 'sick.' I just faked because they wouldn't let me invite who I wanted." she pulled a fake pout and I laughed as we fell onto her bed. "So, what movie first? I got all the good ones." "I vote Eclipse," I said, laughing as her face lit up. "Yum. Shirtless Taylor Lautner. My favorite." We both giggled as she popped in the disk. 

When we got to the part with Bella and Jacob's massive make out, we both started crying when he poured his heart out and talked about letting himself die for her. I thought about Jason maybe doing that for me.

Then again, he'd probably just blow Edward up before he would do anything else. 

I looked over the Scarlett's bedside table while the credits were rolling, seeing a really cute picture of her and a tall guy with thick blonde hair and hazel eyes, his arms wrapped around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulder.

"Scar, whose this?" she looked over at the picture and blushed, the delicate pink spreading over her cheeks. "Ooooh. Boyfriend!" I squealed, tackling her in a huh. She giggled. "His name's Brandon. He's such a sweetie."  

"Awwww," I cooed, and she laughed. "How long?" "Two months. It's been so amazing." "I'm so happy for you, girl!" I said, hugging her tighter. and i was. Scarlett had been my hest friend since we were in diapers.She giggled as my phone rang.

Jason's adorable baby picture, the one he'd chased me for because I had called it cute, popped up on the screen along with Sexy Beast under it in white font. Scarlett peeked over my shoulder. "Why is there a baby picture that's called a sexy beast? Are you doing things I should know about?" I laughed.

"No, this is my boyfriend's baby picture and he's a sexy beast soooo.." she laughed as I stood to take his call. "By the way, there will be no dirty talk in my hallway!"