Chapter 22: Man, Who Have Thought That

Chapter 22: Man Who Have Thought That

 We ended up at an old amusement park, with the bomb set up under a huge wooden roller coaster. I couldn't wait to see it go up in flames.

      I held the detonator in my hand, swirling my thumb around the edge of the button, watching Julia scratch at her nail polish, gnawing slowly on her lower lip. "Think of this as Brian's face," I grumbled, turning my attention back to the coaster and hitting the button.

   BOOM!!!!

     The explosion shook the ground, throwing enormous pieces of flaming wood hundreds of feet in the air, heat rippling through the air. I kept my eyes on the flame, watching it intently and thinking about how much I wished I could have tied Brian to the fucking coaster.

   "So." Julia leaned against my arm, resting her head on my bicep. "What now?" I shrugged, watching fire consume old wood. "Wanna have sex?" I didn't move my eyes from the fire as I spoke. "We can make out," she said, slipping her fingers through mine. "I don't even want to think about what would happen to my vagina if we had sex right now." "What's that supposed to mean?" "I wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow. If you're rough without being pissed off, I don't want to know what you're like when you're mad."

   I laughed. "I'm not that bad, am I baby?" she gave me a dry look. "Yes, you are. But it's okay; I like it like that." I grinned as she winked at me. "I figured." I screwed up my face and made my voice go high. "Oh, Jason, yea, I like it like that, baby. Mmm! Harder!" She slapped my chest. "I do not sound like that!" "You're right. You're louder."

   She rolled her eyes and put her head back on my shoulder. I really didn't know what to do now- I didn't want to go home, where Alex would be, ready with Brian's punishment for me, I didn't have any more explosives, and Julia wasn't going to have sex with me. Perfect.

      I looked over at her, noticing the way she kept fidgeting and sighing. "You okay?"  "Mhmm."  She wouldn't look at me. "You sure?" "Yeah. I'm fine. Can you do me a favor though?" Her eyes kept flickering between the passengers window and the windshield.

  "Sure. Anything." "Can you drive me home? I have something I need to do." "Uh, yeah. I'm gonna need directions, babe," I said, starting the truck. "And I'll give them to you." She still wouldn't look at me.

   She led me out into the boonies of Vegas, down a dirt road not that different from mine, and up to an old, miniature apartment building. I parked out front. "Um, is this it?" I asked her awkwardly. She nodded and popped her door open. "Thanks." She still didn't look at me as she leaned over and pecked my cheek.  "Are you sure this is the right place, Jules?"