Chapter 10

"No Hannah, I'm not going on a date with him!" I sighed, exasperated.

Ever since Hannah had mentioned her new colleague Lucas, over three weeks ago now, she had been obsessed with getting me to meet him and it was slowly driving me insane. I mean sure, it would probably be nice for me to get out and meet someone but I just couldn't see myself doing it. I had the girls to think of too. They'd only just started seeing Harry properly, I didn't want them having to deal with the idea of their mum seeing someone else.

"Just a drink at a pub? It's not like going out once means that you have to marry the guy! It's just now that you have more time on your hands because Harry has the girls quite a lot, you'll be able to go out more. Just one drink Liss, and if it doesn't work, I'll never meddle in your love life again, I promise."

"For gods sake," I groaned, rubbing the side of my face. "You promise me that you never get a say in who and when I date again?"

"Cross my heart," she smirked. "Come on, it'll be fun."

She pinched my cheeks together and squeezed tight. I was sure that she was going to leave pink marks...yep, she had.

"One drink. That's it-"

"You're not going to regret it babe, he's amazing honestly."

"Wait, I'm not finished," I replied, wiggling my eyebrows. "If I go, you have to spill all the details about your new guy when I get back."

"Okay," she said with a shrug. "It's a deal."

"That was surprisingly easy," I muttered suspiciously.

"Oh well, you've agreed to it now."

"Han," I warned, glaring.

"What? Liss, you need to lighten up. You've had six and a half years of being in the mumsy sort of role, it's time to let go and have fun. You deserve it okay?"

"Thanks," I smiled, looking down. "I guess you're right. I just hate first dates, ya know? They're so awkward and weird and I just don't like them. And then there's always the question of telling him about the girls and I just hate not knowing what's going to happen and wasting time."

"He's not going to have a problem with the girls, seriously."

"Why?"

"Just tell him later and it'll all be okay."

"What do you mean, later?"

"Well...I kind of already told him that you'd agreed to going out with him in the hopes that I'd be able to persuade you..."

"Han!" I gasped. "What would you have done if I'd have said no?"

"Told him you were sick or something, I don't know," she shrugged.

I giggled and shook my head. Even though what I'd told Hannah was true, that I hated first dates, I was actually quite looking forward to the evening. It'd probably been a good three years since I'd had a serious relationship, maybe it was time to try and find Mr Right. Although I had been on quite a few dates since then, it'd never really worked out, for one reason or another. But from what she had said about this Lucas guy, it seemed like he'd be the sort of person who I'd want to date.

"Where am I meeting him then? What time?"

"Fleet," she grinned. "At half past seven."

"Okay, I do love it there," I laughed. "But half seven? That sounds more like a meal sort of time, not a drink sort of time."

"You never know, you might be having such a good time that you decide to order food," she said wistfully.

"Why do I get the idea that this is all part of your master plan?" I asked.