Chapter 21

I lost count of the amount of photographs I had to take over the next hour or so. My feet were beginning to ache terribly and I was regretting wear such high heels. I was crouched on the floor, taking the components of my camera apart and placing them in their bag carefully as the crowd began to shuffle into the arena. I handed the bag to a security guard, and after making him promise to be careful with it, I turned and made my way into the arena too, through a side door however. It took me a good ten minutes to find my seat next to Harry and I groaned once I was seated.

"What's wrong beautiful?" he asked, slinging his arm over my shoulders and pulling me towards him so he could kiss my head.

"My feet hurt so much," I moaned, faking crying into his shoulder.

"Those shoes are dangerous," he laughed, looking down at them. "How do you not break your ankles?"

"You just hope and pray," I giggled.

"You never used to wear them that high."

"I know...I just always do for work and stuff now...plus I'm so bloody short."

"Perfect," he whispered, kissing my head again.

"Are you guys excited for tonight then?" I asked, leaning over so I could talk to everyone.

"Yeah," Niall grinned. "I mean don't get me wrong, it's amazing to have some time off but I've missed performing."

"Me too," said Zayn. "I've got butterflies though, I'm so nervous."

"You're going to be incredible and you know it," smiled Perrie.

"Nice one," stated Louis, before turning to Eleanor. "Babe, stop worrying. We've left Leo with family before."

"I can't help it," she muttered, her nails scraping gently at her knee. "So I'm a little neurotic, there's nothing I can do about it."

"Just have a good night El, he'll be fine," I smiled, sitting back in my seat as lights began to flash.

Harry's arm was still around me, a small smile plastered on his face. I giggled quietly and winced as screams filled the arena. It had been ages since I'd been to any kind of concert or event, so this kind of noise was unfamiliar to me. I leaned towards Harry and raised my voice.

"What time are you going?"

"We need to be backstage at nine," he shouted back. "The way they're introducing us is amazing."

"How are they doing it?"

"You'll have to wait and see," he smirked. "There's an extra song involved though."

"Which one?"

"Sh," he grinned, pointing towards the main stage where Katy Perry had appeared. "All will be revealed."

--

The boys had been gone a good ten minutes so I knew that they'd be on soon. The five of us girls had all moved seats so we were closer together. We were all nervous for the boys...I remember a similar feeling from when they were on the X Factor...but they were pros at this now, they'd done it a thousand times or more. How far they'd come was incredible. I tensed up as a voice over started and felt Kaylee squeeze my hand.

"May we have your attention please?"

"Oh shit," I muttered.

"In a last minute change to the programme, please welcome some very special guests."

That was it...that was all that was said. I frowned slightly and looked over to the girls who were all masking my expressions. A large buzz rang over the crowd, obviously wondering who it was going to be and why it was taking so long. A silhouette shone at the back of the stage and I could tell that it was Liam. The crowd hushed as a guitar started to tune.