Chapter 18

We stayed outside for a lot longer than I thought we would. I couldn't even tell you what we talked about, we just laughed, joked and reminisced about our past. Of course, the odd kiss was shared, and it felt perfect. I was worried about the repercussions, I wasn't sure what the press and the fans were going to say if we ever went any further than we were going right at that moment. Harry could clearly tell I was distracted as he cupped my face with his large hands.

"Stop overthinking," he told me firmly. "Just let it happen."

"Let what happen though?" I chuckled softly, looking down at the floor as he swept his thumb across my cheek. "I really don't know what-"

"Stop it and breathe," he whispered. "I don't know what's happening either...but so far, I like it...like you said, we'll keep it between us for now, it's easier until we figure out what's going on."

"But-"

"Liss," he laughed, pecking my lips. "Shut up."

"Okay," I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck as he pulled me close and hugged me. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry," he said warmly. "You just need to learn to relax."

"I know...shall we go back inside?"

"Would it be bad if I said I didn't want to?" he grinned, sending me a small wink.

"Yes, now come on," I smiled, taking his hand and leading him back into the warmth of the kitchen.

I poured myself a glass of water from the fridge and leaned against the counter, crossing my right leg over my left. Harry watched my every movement, a small smirk on his face the entire time. I raised my eyebrows at him as I sipped my drink, meeting his gaze and holding it for what seemed like forever.

"Stop it," he hissed, his tongue running over his bottom lip.

"Stop what?" I asked, innocently, putting my glass down on the marble countertop.

"Undressing me with your eyes," he stated, his face serious.

I erupted into peals of laughter, holding onto my stomach as I did so. Harry laughed too, shaking his head at his own joke, his curls moving from side to side. I could ever take that face seriously, even when we were young. His eyebrows would knit together, his mouth in a straight line with a slight upturn in the left corner. He would also lift one eyebrow so his face was completely unsymmetrical.

"Like I would ever do that," I told him when I had recovered from my laughter.

"You used to," he reminded me. "And I've noticed you doing it a lot recently."

"Shut it," I muttered, a blush forming in my cheeks.

"What are you two doing in here, you've been ages!" said Niall, poking his head round the door.

"Just chatting," replied Harry. "What's up?"

"Maddie's on singstar with Louis and Carla and Ellie's fallen asleep on the sofa...El said that she's literally out of it so maybe you should take her up into one of the guest bedrooms?"

"I've got it," said Harry, butting in before I could even open my mouth. "I want to see Maddie singing first though, she if she's got the Styles' voice," he added, pulling at his collar with a flourish.

I shook my head as I followed them both into the lounge. Maddie was stood close to the television, a microphone clasped in her hands. She was singing as best she could, wiggling her bum in time with the music. Louis was singing at a pitch that was twice his normal one and Carla just seemed to be humming along, not really paying attention.