Chapter 15

Harry parked the car outside a stately home and switched off the ignition sharply, yanking his key from its place. He breathed heavily and rested his head on the steering wheel, his throat bobbing as he swallowed. I sighed, and rubbed his back, showing him that I didn't mind.

"Harry, it really doesn't matter. It'll be a nice surprise for them I guess...I mean, they all know that I'm back in your life, they all know about the girls, there's nothing that can really surprise them is there?" I murmured, my hand coming to a holt on his shoulder.

"I know," he muttered thickly. "But there's going to be press there, inside I mean. They've allowed OK! magazine to take pictures for an article about them."

"Really?" I gasped. "I thought Niall would have been completely against something like that."

"Management," he scoffed, and I nodded. "But the way he sees it, is that if he agrees to them photographing the engagement party, then management will stop press from going to the actual wedding."

"Makes sense," I replied. "Do you think that'll work though?"

"Who knows? I hope it does though."

"Me too."

A swift silence followed, and the windscreen began to mist up from our breathing. I was enjoying this time with Harry, it reminded me of all those years ago. I looked down at my lap and smiled slightly before Harry dug me in the ribs, making me squeal.

"Earth to Lish!" I grinned, winking slightly. "You ready to go in or are you just going to sit there falling asleep?"

"No one's called me Lish in years," I chuckled.

"They better not have," he stated. "I'm the only one who's allowed to call you that."

"Yes sir," I laughed. "We'd better go in."

He nodded and opened his car door, jumped out and ran to meet me on my side. I was already halfway out of the car when he took my hand.

"There's full on stones underfoot, you're not going to be able to walk to the entrance on your own, I know what you're like."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence love," I smirked, gripping his arm as I shut the door. "Good to know you're there for me."

"Always," he whispered. "Come on then."

We approached the entrance of the manor, which was adorned in flowers, white and red cloth and candles. It wasn't really my taste, but it had Kaylee written all over it. I shivered as we walked, the cruel wind whipping at my face. Harry obviously sensed my discomfort as his arm that I was holding snaked around my waist, so I was pulled into him as he helped me walk. I was incredibly grateful when we were inside in the warm.

"Can I take your coats?" asked the doorman, holding out his arm.

"Thanks mate," said Harry, shrugging his jacket off and draping it over the outstretched arm. I did the same and passed it to him. "Do we need to give your our names?"

"No sir, just take these tickets with the numbers on, hand them back at the end of the night or in the morning, whenever you're leaving, and the coats will be returned to you."

He handed Harry two tickets and I took them from him. "I'll keep them in my bag," I told him. "At least I know they're safe in there."

"Am I not trustworthy?" he asked, holding his heart as we walked away. "That's hurtful."

"Eh, you'll get over it," I teased, linking his arm once more and making our way into the main hall which was decorated in the exact same way.

"Ni, mate!" called Harry, waving towards him.