Chapter 29

"Harry, hurry up!" I shouted, jamming my hand on the centre of the steering wheel, the horn erupting from it.

I received his middle finger in reply, and watched how he tried four times to push the key into the door to lock up the house. His hands were visibly shaking, and I could see it even from my perch in the car. He ran his fingers through his hair as he tried once again to complete the task. Our fight was still fresh in my mind, and we definitely needed to talk and sort things out, but all I could think about right now was the fact that I had hope. If there was he slightest chance that I knew where my girls were, I was going to take it.

With success, Harry managed to lock up the house, and sprinted towards the car. I didn't even wait until he'd shut the door, I was already cruising down the driveway.

"Jesus Liss, are you trying to kill me?" he asked with a chuckle. He slammed the door shut and pulled his seatbelt across his body while murmuring, "I'll definitely be needing this today."

"Shut it," I chuckled, pulling out of the long driveway and swinging onto the main road. "This is our chance Harry, I'm not wasting time because you can't put a bloody key in a lock."

"I'm nervous," he admitted, blowing air through his lips. "I don't have a clue what's going on, and I don't have a clue where we're going because you've barely said a word."

"Maddie said that Lucas had taken them to find his bad wife and his son. From what Lucas told me, his wife up and left him about two or three years ago, and moved to Spain with her new bloke. Some place called Cabo Roig. He told me that he had custody of his son, but I never met him, because he was always somewhere else, so it kind of adds up."

"So we're just driving to the airport and getting on a plane, just following a hunch?" he questioned.

"They're there Harry, I can feel it," I stated. "But what I don't understand is why he'd lie about Ryan? Maybe it was to get close to me, because he knew I had kids? It just seems strange why he had to lie about it. He was in it for the long run, so soon I would have questioned why I'd never met his son. I mean, it's not like he planned me and you getting back together."

"Well no, he definitely didn't seem happy about that."

"Exactly. But I still don't get why he'd lie about it. And from the way he talked about it, there wasn't necessarily any bad bloody between him and his ex. I mean, yeah, she'd left him, and bag would make anyone sour, but I thought that was it. He didn't say any different."

"He wouldn't though," Harry reminded me. "He was trying to make out like he'd been abandoned, he was trying to connect with the way that you felt about me. So maybe something else did happen, he was just hiding it so it seemed like you had more in common."

Harry retrieved his phone from his pocket and placed it to his ear once he'd connected with a call. It became clear from the conversation that he was talking to DI Adams. He made no reference to the fact that we were on our way to the airport, just asked about Lucas' ex wife, and wanted to know if there was any way we could get in contact with her to find out what Lucas was like when he was with her, seeing if there was any trigger in his behaviour.

Harry said his thanks and then put the phone back in his pocket. He moved his hair from his face and then turned to me.

"He's going to email me any details that he can. We're going to find them Liss, I promise you."

--

I parked the car at the airport, and got out, pulling my bag from the backseat as I did so. Harry took my hand, and we ran for the revolving door that led to the endless rows of check in desks. We approached an empty desk and I rested my arms on it.