Chapter 19

Every day for the next week, I received countless texts and phone calls from Lucas. It wasn't necessarily a problem, it was just slightly unnerving, especially when my phone would go off in the middle of the night and when my eyes focused, I'd realise it was him. I brushed it off though, he'd get over it eventually. Now, I was trying to focus solely on three things; work, the girls and Harry.

"Alicia chica!" called Alejandro from outside of my office. "Alicia!"

"Just a second!" I replied, shutting my laptop and meeting him by the door.

"You look beautiful señorita," grinned, placing his hands on my shoulders and kissing my cheeks. "How are you this morning?"

"Wonderful thanks Al," I giggled. "I can't believe it's New Years Eve."

"I know, it's crazy!" he proclaimed, throwing his arms in the air, causing me to chuckle. "You know what else is crazy?"

"What?"

"That after looking at the sales figures for the past year, looking who at who has had the most bookings and who has bought the most money to the company, you have come out on top!"

"Really?!" I squealed. "Al, don't mess with me."

"I'm not messing with you chica!"

"Oh my God," I gasped, leaning against the door frame.

I'd worked so hard for this. Every year, Alejandro gives the best employee a sizeable bonus and the chance to work with the biggest clients for the next year. It would mean a pay rise meaning I could provide more for my family which thrilled me.

"You deserve it," he smiled proudly, giving me a warm hug.

"Thank you so much," I breathed, running my fingers through my hair. "Wow."

"As well as the usual perks," he began, ushering me into my office. I sat down in my usual chair and he sat opposite me, clasping his hands together excitedly. "The VMA's are in London in the middle of January as I'm sure you know."

"Yeah," I smiled fondly, remembering the conversation I'd had with Harry a few days ago when he'd told me that the band was going to be performing there as a surprise for the fans. The sabbatical was by no means over, management just wanted to keep the fans on their toes.

"Well, obviously the singer will walk down the red carpet, pose for an official photograph and then go into the venue..."

"Yeah?"

"I had a phonecall from the organisers of the event and they've seen some of our most recent work...and they want someone from Perfect Portraits to take the official photographs this year..."

My breath hitched in my throat as I nodded towards him, allowing him to continue to speak.

"The figures speak for themselves Alicia, I want you to do it. Even if you weren't the best, I'd probably still choose you...you are the most likeable person in my company, you capture the image perfectly...you're just an incredible photographer, and I really don't think you should pass up this opportunity."

"Thankyou so much," I cried, jumping up and running round to him, giving him another huge hug. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Oh I think I do," he laughed, standing up. "I'll give you the details closer to the time, how does that sound?"

"Brilliant," I smiled. "Thanks Al."

"No problem chica, no problem."

--

I genuinely thought the door was going to fly off of its hinges when Harry started banging on it that night. It was literally deafening, and Ellie started to cry because she thought someone was trying to break in. I managed to quieter her down and I went into the hall, shutting the lounge door and pulling the front door open with my other hand.