Chapter 11

As I pulled up outside Fleet, I began to feel the nerves. What if this guy was nothing like Hannah described? I knew she would never set me up with a complete weirdo but our taste in guys was quite different. I loved tattoos, probably because I'd got so used to Harry having them, and she hated them on guys, even though she had a fair few herself. She liked guys who were really packing the muscles and I liked them slightly skinner...I mean, muscles are fine, but I hate it when they're popping out and...ew.

That doesn't mean that I'm shallow. But people who say looks don't matter are lying, they obviously do a bit. But I tend to go for guys who are too good for me, so this could end up a train wreck. I clenched the steering wheel tightly and then opened the door, stepping out onto the cobbles. I took a deep breath and walked inside the bar, instantly greeted by the smell of home cooked pub food. The idea of ordering something to eat was becoming rather appealing so I scanned the room for someone who matched the description that Hannah had given me.

"Excuse me," said a voice from behind me. "Are you Alicia?"

I spun around and addressed the speaker. "Yeah I am...you must be Lucas."

Nice job Han!

"It's nice to meet you," he smiled, leaning in a kissing my cheek. "I've heard loads about you."

"I haven't really heard that much about you," I giggled meekly. "Hannah didn't really say a lot."

"Well then we'll have quite a bit to talk about won't we?" he grinned, indicating towards an empty table.

He pulled my chair out and allowed me to sit down, something that made me smile. He sat down opposite me and I began to talk.

"So how long have you lived round here?" I asked. "Hannah said that you've only just started working at her company."

"Only a month. I used to live in London and I was going to stay there but the commute would have been a nightmare."

"Bit of a change, living here then."

"It's so much quieter but I like it," he laughed. "I needed to get out of Loneon to be honest with you. it probably wasn't good for me."

"Oh?"

"Bad memories, that kind of thing."

I decided not to push the issue any further. I'd only just met the guy, and from the look on his face, he wasn't really ready to share this information with me."

"I used to live up in Cheshire, but I moved down here about seven years ago now...same general reason, bad memories," I told him.

"You're happier now though?" he questioned.

"Loads happier."

"Well that's good," he nodded. "What do you want to drink? I forgot it's bar service here."

"Um...what are you going to have?" I asked.

"How about we share a bottle of wine?"

It couldn't hurt could it? As long as I watched what I was doing, nothing bad would happen. And if I could make sure that he had the larger half of the bottle, I would be able to handle it.

"Yeah, sure," I chuckled.

"Red or white?"

"White please."

He nodded and then sauntered over to the bar. So far so good. There had been no awkward silences, even though we'd only been talking a few minutes. He seemed lovely, genuine and exactly how Hannah had said. He was taller than me in my four inch heels, which wasn't too difficult because I'm tiny. He was good-looking, the right build, had the bluest eyes I'd ever seen and he had a soft melodic tone to his voice...I was definitely seeing some potential.