Chapter 12

"Lucas, I'm so sorry," I muttered, pulling open the door of my car. "Honestly, I'm really really sorry."

"It's nothing to worry about," he smiled. "Just...go and do whatever you've gotta do, and maybe text me tomorrow."

"I will," I replied. "It was a really good night...I'm sorry."

He chuckled, leant over and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek. He smiled once again and then crossed the carpark to his car. He got in and pulled away, not before giving me a slight wave. I waved back and then span around because of some noise behind me. Liam was trying to sneak out of the bar, his hand on the small of Carla's back as he hurried her out.

"LIAM!" I yelled, storming over to him.

"Hey again Liss," he mumbled, rubbing his cheek.

"Get in the car, you're coming with me."

"But-"

"Get in the car."

"What about Carla?" he asked, looking down at her and widening his eyes, as if to ask her to help him get out of the situation.

"I'm capable of driving home Li," she told him. "Just get Alicia or Harry to bring you back later, I'll be fine. You need to go and sort this out with Harry, I never agreed with this in the first place, you know that."

"Fine," he pouted. "But if I'm not back in two hours, call the police and tell them that I've been murdered."

"Will do honey, she laughed, kissing his cheek and holding out her hand.

He sighed and dug his hand into his pocket, pulling out a pair of car keys. He reluctantly handed them over and she smiled, walking over to her car. I glared at Liam and then marched back over to mine, getting in and slamming the door. He got in next to me, sliding in and doing up his seatbelt. I rung my hands over the steering wheel, imagining it was Harry's neck. I'd never been this angry, ever.

"Liss, I know you're mad but you need to calm down," Liam soothed. "Do you want me to drive?"

"No, I'll be alright," I remarked. "I need to have some kind of control."

"Okay."

A swift silence followed. I was working myself up for seeing Harry, I didn't want to go over there and confront him, but I knew I had to. We were just beginning to have a normal relationship, and then he went and did a stupid thing like that. I didn't want things to be awkward between us, but I couldn't be normal with him unless I found out why he did what he did. I would never have done something like that to him, and he knew that.

"So how have you been?" asked Liam, as we pulled up at a red light.

"Good thanks. I mean, this has fucked up my evening but apart from that, I've been good...Carla seems nice."

"She is," he grinned. "We've been together for nearly a year and a half now...but now I'm off work for a year, we go on a date once a week to make up for lost time."

"That's sweet," I smiled. "I wish I had a relationship like that."

"Maybe you and Lucas will end up like that?"

"I doubt it," I muttered, my teeth clenched. "Who wants to be with a woman who has a psycho ex?"

"Harry's not a psycho," he chuckled. "He's just worried about you, he's looking out for you. Now those girls are in his life, he feels an obligation to protect them and you."

"By sending one of his best mates to keep an eye on me?!"

"I know...he shouldn't have done what he did. But isn't there a tiny part of you that finds it sweet?"