Chapter Four

That night, I wear a short, almost see-through nightgown. I lay on top of the covers, tempted to crawl underneath them.

I hear the bedroom door open and I lift my head up from looking at the bed cover. I hear Ayden's sharp intake of breath, and I know that my outfit has an affect on him.

His eyes roam my body. "Wh-What are wearing?"

"Something my mother packed for the honeymoon. Since we never used it then, I thought now would be a good time."

He looks around the room, avoiding me.

I sigh quietly and get up, heading to the bathroom. "I'll change if you've changed your mind."

I pass by him to get to the bathroom. I feel him gently tug on my arm, pulling me towards his body.

He buries his head in my neck. "Do you have any idea how much I want you right now? I just want to make sure you really want to do this."

His breath on my neck sends shivers down my spine. I bite my lip, unsure if I really do want to do this. I feel him plant light kisses on my neck, distracting me for a moment.

"Yes, I want to do this." I say, sounding stronger than I thought I was going to.

As soon as the words left my mouth, he turns me around and kisses me passionately.

The next morning, I wake up and pull on my bathrobe, which is smaller than most. It's a gray color and it stops about mid thigh. I tie it around my waist and go downstairs to make pancakes and bacon. I plug my iPod in and I dance around as I cook, not knowing someone is watching me.

I fell arms make their way around my waist. Startled, I jump and almost drop the piece of bacon I was flipping.

I hear deep laughter in my ear. "Sorry, Alexandria, I didn't mean to scare you."

I smile and turn my head to the side so I can look into his gorgeous green eyes. "Did the smell of food bring you down?" I tease.

He shakes his head and kisses the top of mine. "No, it was the fact that you weren't by my side that brought me down."

I am shocked that he said that. 'It must be a joke. He can't truly mean that, after all, he doesn't like me.'

I go back to cooking, and ignore his comment.

"Do we have to see our parents again?" Ayden mumbles in my neck.I respond after thinking for a moment. "Yes, they want to see how we are getting along, so they are coming here. They said they were going to drop by anytime they could, so I don't have a time."

"Great," Ayden grumbles, his lips grazing my skin.

"Ayden, you do know last night was your only freebie, right? In order to get more, you should take me out on dates and show me off to the people you work with."

He sighs deeply, but I feel him nod. "Alright, I can do that."

I smile in satisfaction. After I finish making the breakfast, Ayden sets the table before I can.

"Thank you," I smile and sit at the table.

"No problem." He comes to my side and kisses my cheek. We start eating, all through breakfast not talking once. Towards the end of the meal, Ayden's phone goes off and he answers it.

"Hello?" he asks into the phone.

I try not to eavesdrop, but it isn't quiet as easy when Ayden's voice turns angry.Ayden sudden shouts, "What?! I'll be there soon!"