Chapter Twenty-One

The next two months weren't as bad as they could be. My mood would go from happy to sad and my food cravings kept getting weirder and weirder, but we managed. When I became six months pregnant, however, my mood swings became worst.

One night Ayden goes out with his friends to a business party, and I am okay with that. When he gets home, he is tipsy. Ayden comes to hug and kiss me, and I become livid for no particular reason.

"Ayden Alexander Knight! Dont you are touch me. How could you go out with your friends and get drunk? I was fine with you going out with your friends, but I didn't expect you to get drunk! And you were at a business party no less! I am tired of you being overprotective of me! It seems like you think I can't handle taking care of myself and our baby! I will tell you right now that just because I miscarried does not mean I cannot take care of this baby!" I yell at him all in one breath. "I want you out of my house tonight. You can pack, but you only have twenty minutes." I inform him once I have regained some breath.

Ayden looks speechless. He mutely goes upstairs, packs, then comes back down, pausing at the door. I know why he did, but I don't change my mind about kicking him out.

"I love you," my husband slurs a little as he walks out the door.

As the door slams shut, I start to cry and want him to come back. I feel bad for kicking him out of our house, and I start to worry about him. That night as I lay in bed, I sob myself to sleep. The next morning, I rush to the bathroom and puke- like every morning. I brush my teeth and look in the bedroom to see if Ayden could still be asleep, forgetting that I kicked him out last night. My heart throbs as I remember what happened. 'He might not even remember what happened when he wakes up...' I frown and get the shower ready. 'I'll call all of his friends and see where he crashed.' I get in the shower and wash, having a little difficulty balancing in the shower. Once I finish, I get out very carefully and dry off. I get dressed very carefully and pick up my phone to start making my calls.

After calling Jake and Ryan and getting no where, I call Cora. She yawns as she replies that he crashed at her house. I say thank you and hang up. I jump in my car and drive to Cora's house- which I have only been to a couple of times. I try the door and find it unlocked. I walk into the living room and found it empty. I check every other logical place, but her bedroom. Praying he wasn't in there, I walk in quietly and see them in bed together.

My heart breaks and it takes everything in me to not cry out right there. I rush out of the house, the haunting image chasing me as I run. I get in my car and drive to my house. I pull in the driveway, and I hesitate to walk in the door where too many memories lie. 'Should I just go inside and wait to hear if I jumped to conclusions? Can I look at him again? Why do I still love him?' I ask myself as I sit in my car in my driveway.