Chapter Nine

I eat the food I just cooked, not wanting it to go to waste. Once I finish, I put everything in the sink and walk to my car.I drive back to Haven's house. The whole time I was driving, I held back my tears; however, when I arrived at her house, nothing could stop the tears pouring down my face.

I walked in her door and managed to sit on her couch. In seconds Haven was by my side hugging me. 

"What happened? I saw you only hours before and you were okay."

"I told him be could cheat on me," I sob, "and that I would be okay with it. But I'm not. I just want him happy, but I don't know how long I can stand this pain."

Haven hugs me and tries to comfort me as best she can.

"Haven," I sniffle, "would it be horrible of me to want to avoid him? I really just don't want to see him with another woman."

"I understand why you want to avoid him. Why don't you stay here for a few days?" Haven suggests.

"Really? We could catch up more and watch movies." I add, a watery laugh bubbled out if my chest.

"Alexandria would you like to watch horror movies?" Haven asks even though she knows I don't like them.

I playfully shiver in response. "Even though I am in an awful relationship right now, I still wouldn't mind skipping horror films."

Haven and I laugh together and start getting her place ready for the movie day."

Before we actually start the movie, can I go home and get my pajamas for the next couple of days?"

"Sure, I'll drive you just in case." Haven replied as she started toward the car.

On the ride there, we were silent, but that was okay with us. I hop out of the car and drag myself to the door. I unlock it and walk in. I was so lost in thought, I hadn't noticed Ayden's car outside. 

"Where were you?"

"With Haven. I'll be at her house a few days. Nothing to worry over, just catching up." I briskly replied before racing upstairs to pack an overnight bag.I make sure I have everything before I come downstairs and walk to Haven's car, ignoring Ayden when I pass him. 

"Ready for our night of fun?" Haven asks, trying to make me feel better.

"Yes! Anything to take my mind off what is going on in my life!"