Chapter Seven

The next morning, I wake up under the covers and arms around my waist. I quickly get out of bed and go downstairs to cook myself some breakfast. 

'How dare he flirt with Cora at the party and then come home that same night and put me under the covers and hold me.' I feel the dried tears on my cheeks and decide to skip making breakfast. Instead, I take a shower in the downstairs bathroom, only thinking about feeling refreshed and not about the fact my clothes are upstairs. 

After my shower, I wrap my towel around myself and groan. "My clothes are upstairs!"

I wrap my towel tightly around me, and go upstairs. I dash in the room and to our closet. I grab some clothes- not even bothering to see what they were- and run to the bathroom, hoping to not be seen by Ayden.I dress in the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I had managed to get ahold of a shirt of Ayden's in my rush. It didn't look bad on me, but I didn't want him to have any claim on me. I was about to take off his shirt when I heard a husky, deep voice behind me.

"Keep it on. It looks way better on you than it did me. Though, if you want to take it off, I suppose I'll be okay with that too."

I want to melt at hearing Ayden's morning voice, but I force myself to stay strong. I turn around to face him, not entirely prepared to be met with a naked torso. His abs are in my sight and I think about earlier this week when I was stupid enough to give him what he wanted. I have an unwanted urge to run my hands over his abs, but I restrain myself and look into Ayden's green eyes. 

"What are you doing in here? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? Anyways, I must be going or I'll be late for school."

I push Ayden aside and walk out of the bathroom. I clear my head as I walk down stairs to get my purse, phone, and keys. Once I have everything, I race to the car and leave for college. I really do try to not think about Ayden and Cora being together, but I can't help it. All through class, I was distracted and finding it impossible to focus on anything other than what I saw at the party. I get through my class and get back in my car, wondering if I really want to go back home. I think about going over to my parents house and decide that that wouldn't help me either. I put my head against the steering wheel and sigh. An idea pops in my head and I shoot up, grinning wildly. 'Haven, here I come!' I pull out of the school's parking lot and drive to my best friends house. I knock on the door rapidly, bouncing in excitement. After a few seconds, I knock on the door again, giggling when I hear Haven shout that she is coming.

The door flies open and standing before me is my best friend since kindergarten. She looks at me for a second before wrapping me in a huge hug. I hug her back, squeezing her to death to show how much I missed her.

"Alexandria Isabelle Brooks! How dare you not visit me for six months?!" Haven shouted once she finally pulled away from the hug.

"It's... It's, um, Knight now." I correct.

My friend automatically gets a bewildered look. "What?"

"My name is Alexandria Isabelle Knight." Haven's eyes grow huge. "Y-you got m-married? And you didn't tell me?!" 

"I wanted to, I just figured why tell you when it was arranged and I could possible still get a divorce? Well I can't get a divorce so I'm stuck with him and now you need to know." I say in one big breath.

Haven squeals, "Come in! We have to catch up!"

I nod in agreement, the grin never leaving my face. I follow her into the house and sit down on her couch. 

"Tell me everything!"

"Okay, well.... I'm married to Ayden Knight, we had sex only because our parents want us to have kids within a year, I may actually be falling in love with him, he doesn't love me, we had an amazing picnic the other night, went to a business party of his, found out he like another woman, decided is she makes him happy he can cheat on me, and I still have no clue of I'm pregnant or not, and I am sort of hoping I'm not." I tell her giving her the really short version.

She stares at me with her mouth open. "And I thought my life was busy," she mumbled.