Chapter Fifteen

The next day, Jake, Ryan, and Haven arrive at our house. When Haven arrives, she sees Jake sitting on the couch talking to Ayden. Haven walks over to Jake and exclaims, "I didn't know you knew Ayden and Alexandria."

"I didn't know you did either," he chuckles.

"Wait, this is the Jake you have been dating for a week?" I question Haven, surprised I didn't make the connection earlier.

"Yeah, funny how we all know each other."

"It is. We could possible go on a double date sometime."

Ryan speaks up, "Can my girlfriend and I join you two?"

"You have a girlfriend?" Ayden and I say in union. "Yes, and most of you know her, Cora."

"Wow, that's great! Haven and I will be leaving so you can have your guy time." I say before I lead Haven upstairs.

"Who would have thought you and Jake would be together?"

 "I know right? But we just clicked." Haven laughs.

"Awe, that's so cute," I giggle. "Okay, so I really need to not think about my miscarriage, so I was thinking about shopping."

"Sounds pretty awesome to me. Let's get going!"

"I have to get ready, Haven." I laugh.

Haven looks me up and down. "You look pretty ready to me." I roll my eyes and pick out some clothes to wear. I change and then we head to my car. I drive us to the mall and Haven bounces out of her seat.

"Someone is eager."

"You know I love shopping!"

I playfully roll my eyes, "I think anybody can tell that just by being with you for five seconds."

We walk in the entrance of the mall and we go to the food court first. After we eat, we head to Dillard's and try on a billion outfits each. We end up buying a good bit of the clothes we tried on, plus some shoes to go with them. We go to one of the jewelry stores and buy some jewelry to go with the new outfits as well.

We head back to my place and unload the backseat and trunk of my car. As we carry in all of our bags, the boys look over at us, staring in shock.

"Did you buy the whole mall?" Jake jokes, the expression stuck on his face.

"Of course not, that's crazy," I say.

"How much did this cost?" Ayden inquires.

"Well, about five thousand dollars, but don't worry, this hardly touches our money. We still have plenty."

The boys' eyes get bigger.

"And what exactly did you buy?" Ryan asks.

"Clothes, shoes, and jewelry. Now can we please bring these bags upstairs, my arms are killing me." I plead.

They nod as they watch us struggle up the stairs with our bags. When Haven and I reach my room, we collapse on the bed. "That was fun. We should do this more often." Haven agrees and I finally get up and start hanging my new clothes in the closet. I realize that I still feel guilty for going down the stairs that night, but I don't think anything will cure that. I understand that we can just try again, and I want to as soon as we can.

As my clothes are being hung up, Ayden walks in the room.

 "Did the shopping help?"

"Not with the guilt, but nothing will. I'll be fine eventually." I sigh as I start on my shoes. Ayden stops me and kisses me. 

"I'm here for you, always."

I nod and go back to my task. "Go have fun with the guys and don't worry about me. Haven will take good care of me, it's kinda her job as a best friend." I joke.

"Okay, just call if you need anything. I'll come home without a second thought."

I hug him and he leaves the room.

"Awe, isn't he so sweet."

"When he wants to be. Ready to gossip ourselves to death?" I tease.

"Yes! The most fun any girl can have!" Haven shouts.