Chapter Twenty

The first trimester of my pregnancy went fine. The second trimester, I start getting mood swings and cravings. I am dying to break the news to Haven, so I call her over one day. As soon as Haven walks in my house and sees me, she screams, "I'm going to be an Aunt!" She runs up and hugs me.

I hug her back, aware of my stomach between us. "I can't wait until the baby comes. I am so excited to be a mother."

"I can understand."

I let her go and we talk for a few more hours. When Ayden is about to walk in, I see Haven out the door to her car. I tell her bye and return inside. Ayden has already taken off his suit jacket and undone his tie when I come in the door.

"Hey," I smile at him.

"Hello, Beautiful." he smiles at me.

I burst into tears for no reason at his words, and I can't calm down. Through my blurry vision, I can see Ayden look at me in astonishment and worry.

"Did I do something wrong? Does something hurt?" Ayden stumbles over the words as he tries to take action.

I shake my head and walk over and hug him. "I'm sorry," I sob, "I have no idea why I am crying."

He rubs my back and tries to calm me down, but he can't. It takes hours for me to stop crying completely. I cuddle into his side and start to talk about my day. Ayden tells me about his day as well, and I begin to grow sleepy.

"We should go to bed. It's late." Ayden yawns.

I nod and he picks me up bridal style and carries me to bed as I curl up into him. "I love you, goodnight." Ayden whispers as he kisses me goodnight.