Chapter 2: School Life

The photo above is Raynor.
  ~Raynor~
  Noelle and I each took turns using the bathroom to prepare for our first day of classes. I put on my wig and cast a spell to change my body shape, making it look more feminine. Noelle was ready outside the bathroom door, one thing was different though, she wasn't wearing her glasses.

  "N-Noelle! Where are your glasses?"

  "I was called four-eyes and a nerd when I was younger, so I wore my contacts." She explained, her face falling a bit.

  "O-Okay, but you shouldn't care what you look like." I said, walking out the door. "Glasses or not, you're still Noelle."

  "Wearing glasses hurts my nose and ears sometimes." She replied, following me out the door. "I'll stick to contacts, thanks."

  ~Noelina~
  After the long and boring entrance ceremony, we finally headed to our homeroom. Raynor and I were in the same homeroom, along with the girl who walked by the room yesterday. We were handed envelopes, each containing our schedules as well as school information.

Period 1: Magic Theory
Period 2: Glyph Study
Period 3: Magic History
—Lunch—
Period 4: Spell Casting
Period 5: Potion Chemistry

  Raynor and I were in the same Glyphs, Casting, and Chemistry classes. Many girls went up to him to compare their schedules, and squealed when they were in the same classes. I rolled my eyes, averting them to the newsletters the teachers handed us. As soon as the girls left, Raynor sighed loudly. I giggled.

  "Wish you had a normal life?" I asked, still laughing.

  "Tell me about it. Every single part of "Regina" isn't normal." He replied.

  Theory wasn't all that eventful. Can you believe that people made so many theories on magic? My great-great-great-grandmother had already proven it way back, but refused to reveal it to anyone outside of the family, afraid she'd rid researchers of their jobs. To balance it out though, glyphs was a pretty interesting class. History class was where we learned about the, well, the history of magic - self explanatory. Spell casting - I had to agree with the other students - was by far the most exciting. It was always held outside, and since the academy is in the Province of Green, the weather is always perfect. We learn how to cast spells and how to draw the glyphs with our staffs.

  "Hi Regina! Nice to see you're in the same class again." A girl with blond hair said. She looked past Regina and noticed me. "I see you're the new student huh? I'm Emily West. Let's work hard this year, okay?

  "N-Nice to m-meet you, I'm Noelina C-Castiel, you can call me Noelle." I replied.

  "Nice to meet you Noelle. I hope you have a fun year!" She said. "Wait a sec, what was your last name again?"

  "C-Castiel?"

  "Oh, sorry," She said, slightly disappointed. "I thought you said Castilla. Rumor has it that even their current homeschooled children do better than the third years in the academy!"

  "O-Oh. R-Really?"

  "Yeah. I would really like to get some lessons from them." She said. "Sometimes a few of the teachers can be pretty lazy when it comes to teaching, despite the school being one of the best, so I really hope I'm not in any of those classes."

"I-I guess that could be true..." I replied nervously, stopping when the instructor arrived.

  Potion Chemistry was pretty interesting too, we learn how to brew potions and use them to our advantage. By the end of the day, everyone was exhausted.

  What made class tiring was carrying all the books. Four-hundred to six-hundred page textbooks were given to us during each class and we had to carry them almost everywhere. Of course, some of us decided to use levitation to make them float, only to have their books knocked down again from other students in the crowded hallways. Not to mention the fact that we also weren't allowed to go to our lockers until after the first day of classes ended. Raynor and I headed to our class' assigned lockers after class. Since we were earlier than most students, we were able to choose lockers right next to each other's. "Regina's" fan girls chose the ones right next to his. When there weren't any lockers that were close to Raynor's left, many of the girls pushed me out of the way.

  "Get away nerd! We all know you're not worthy enough to talk to Regina!" One girl said, pushing me to the ground.

  "Hey! No one let you treat my friend like that. Come on, Noelle, let's go." Raynor said, walking away as I followed.

  "Friend?"

  "Her?"

  ~~~

  "You're not tired?" Raynor asked. "Most students would be tired on the first day of classes - even students who perform well would faint, especially after casting class."

  "I've casted some of the spells before. My mom was an expert at magic."

  Raynor undid the spell he cast on himself so he looked like a boy now. He took off his wig and put it on the mannequin head in the bathroom. I took off my contacts and put on my glasses, beginning to read the fifty pages my teacher assigned us on my textbook on Glyphs.

  ~Raynor~
  I opened my Glyphs textbook to the first chapter. Noelle started already, but soon enough she was already slowly getting sleepy, eyes closing once in a while and her head falls, and then jerks back up and she continues to read. I laughed.

  "I thought you said you weren't tired." I said.

  "I guess I am." She said, rubbing her eyes.

  "I'm making hot chocolate, you want some?" I asked.

  "Sure, thanks."

  I took out two mugs from the cupboard and made Noelle and I each a hot cocoa. By the time I got back to Noelle's desk she was sleeping peacefully. She breathed softly - I could barely hear a sound.

  "Wake up sleepy head! You're only on the twenty-fourth page!" I half-yelled.

  "I'm awake!" She said as her head jerked up and her glasses fell onto her desk. She picked them up and rubbed her eyes. I set the hot cocoa on her desk and sat down in mine.

  "Thanks." She said taking a sip. "It's hot!"

  I laughed. "You're welcome."

  Noelle will do just fine here. I hope she can manage with the other girls though, once you get to know them they're actually quite nice.