Chapter 28: Battle: Part 1

~Raynor~
We brought mom to safety before looking for the King and Queen of the Province of Darkness. After staying in a cell for many years with barely any food, she must be very weak and tired. The four of us spread out to look for the rulers of this dark land.

Carefully avoiding the guards in the halls, I started searching any secret buttons around statues and figures. I looked for things that were out of place. Nothing worked.

"I found an entrance." Emily said through the earpiece. "Come to the end of the hall by the throne room."

"Got it." I replied. I sure wish I could have been able to cast the invisibility spell on myself, it would make it so much easier to go through the halls unseen. I cast the levitation spell and flew high above the guards. I quickly made my way to the end of the hall. I found Emily and Noelle hiding in the corner of the hall. Eric came from the opposite direction. Emily was able to open the door to the secret entrance with her magic. Noelle cast an invisibility spell on all of us, and we ran down the stairwell.

  But as soon as we were three steps in, we heard a 'click' as we stepped on the fourth.

  The walls shook and rocks fell. We were trapped behind the fifth stair, rocks stopping us from going any further. There was no light source, so it was pitch black. The orbs on our staffs shone, but only with a faint light.

  "I-It's d-dark!" Noelle's voice shook. "W-We've gotta g-get outta here!"

  "Are you okay Noelle?" Emily asked.

  "No, I am not okay!" Noelle yelped. "I can't see anything! What if there's another trap in here? We can't see it!"

  "She's scared of the dark." I explained.

  "Come on Noelle," Eric said. "You're the strongest one out of all of us. You're the only one who can get us through the wall of rocks."

  "But I can't see the wall of rocks!"

  "It's right in front of you!"

  "Fine!" She said and drew a glyph that brought us out of the room.

  "Teleportation?" Emily asked. "I was kinda expecting you blasted the rocks out of the way."

  "Wouldn't that be really loud? The king and queen would have heard us."

  "True."

  Instead of running down the stairs, we flew to avoid more traps. The staircase ended with a big hallway at the end. There were many doors, only one leading to the king and queen.

  "Which one would they be in?" I asked. "I guess that we're just gonna have to go with trial and error-"

  "This one."

  "Huh? You already found it?!" I asked. Noelle smiled, holding up her staff.

  "Of course, the spell of true sight." I sighed.

  We walked into the door Noelle pointed at to find another hallway. It was filled with holograms of different views of the castle. The last few holograms had plans to destroy the rest of the Magic Domain. At the end of the hall was another door, that probably led to the king and queen.