Chapter 6: Reports

As the third month rolled by, the students received their first term report cards at the end of the last period of the last Friday of the term. The homeroom teacher stood by the door and handed out report cards to the students before they left.

  ~Noelina~
  I walked up to the door to receive my report card. My homeroom teacher smiled when handing it to me.

Name: Castiel, Noelina
Age: 13
Year: 1

Subjects:

Magic Theory:
Grade: 97.67 - A+
Comments: Noelina shows excellent work, highly detailed written responses; she is a phenomenal writer. Theories are researched thoroughly. She listens well in class and takes detailed notes. Works diligently and shows much effort when completing schoolwork.

Glyphs Study:
Grade: 95.81 - A+
Comments: Noelina shows an extensive understanding of glyphs, is quick to pick up new glyphs, and can recognize many taught in higher levels of magic. Very well done.

Magic History:
Grade: 96.28 - A+
Comments: Noelina shows superior quality works, all reports and essays are done in high detail, and she can determine the history of magic and the history of many glyphs. She shows an excellent understanding of the origin of magic.

Spell Casting:
Grade: 98.36 - A+
Comments: Very strong magic resides within Noelina. She picks up new skills for magic much quicker than her other classmates, even many other returning classmates. She has superior techniques for casting spells and keeps in mind everything that is taught to her.

Potion Chemistry:
Grade: 97.40 - A+
Comments: Potion Chemistry is new to the first years, so for her first time brewing potions, she has done an excellent job. She listens to every detail during class and picks up every skill and technique quickly. Her potions are brewed perfectly, many of them are effective on first attempt, little trial and error needed.

Overall Average: 97.10 - A+
Class Ranking: 1
Grade Ranking: 1

  Shocked to see I was ranked 1 in the class, I was even more surprised I ranked 1 in the entire grade. I honestly thought I wouldn't get that far with the work I've done. Maybe Mother's lessons ever since I was four paid off after all. I didn't want to show Raynor or Emily, after all I didn't want to act like a show off.

  "Ugh! If only I got an A+ on History then I've would have gotten straight A pluses!" Raynor complained. "It says I'm in rank 2 for the class, and rank 2 for the entire grade. Darn, my streak ended!"

  "But that's way better compared to mine!" Emily exclaimed. "I'm only rank 9 for the class, rank 17 for the whole grade."

  "It's still good!" Raynor said. I tried my best to stay out of the conversation, slowly inching away for it. When they didn't seem to notice me, I turned around and decided to just walk back to the dorm, but they saw me turn around.

  "Hey! Noelle! What rank did you get?" Emily asked. I gulped.

  "Uh, uh... Look at the time! I've gotta finish my homework!" I said, attempting to run back to the room, but Raynor stopped me.

  "Huh? What homework? It's the end of the term! The teachers said they weren't giving us homework for the term break." Raynor asked.

  "I-I wanted to get started on my history project for next term." I said, trying to find more ways to cover myself up. "I asked Miss Remsworth if I could get a head start and got the rubric-"

  "Come on, it's break! You have time for that all next term!" Emily said.

  "Is this because of your rank?" Raynor asked. He grabbed my report card from my grip.

  "No! Please don't, it's not anything special, really..."

  Raynor just smiled before averting his eyes to my report card. "C'mon, it can't be that bad-" he started before widening his eyes.

  "Whaaat?!"

  "What? Is it that bad?" Emily asked. She looked at my report card. Her eyes turned as huge as Raynor's. They turned to me, I tried to avoid eye contact.

  "Are you sure this is yours?!" Raynor asked, flipping the card over. Sure enough under the name space, it definitely said Noelina Castiel.

  "Amazing! Straight A pluses and rank 1 in both class and the entire grade!" Emily exclaimed.

  "So you're the one who beat me to rank 1!"

  "This is amazing! Not many students do well in History, but you aced it!" Emily said. "They say that the person who gets into rank 1 are most favored by the teachers!"

  "T-They are?"

  "Yeah!" Emily said. "Regina was rank 1 all year from fourth grade to sixth grade! You just broke her streak!"

  "O-Oh," I apologized. "Sorry, about that."

  "It's fine, I've had a good two years." Raynor said. "I guessed it's someone else's turn."