Chapter 11: A New Power

~Noelina~
  We headed back to our room as soon as we finished our conversation. Raynor now knows I'm a princess, and I know he's a prince. I was still trying to process what just happened in that conversation.

  Emily was walking by the hallway. She waved at us.

  "Noelle! Great to see you're finally up." She said.

  "Yeah. I feel better now." I said.

  "The shaping spell is really hard, you used up so much power. That's why it's only taught to the third years." Emily said. "You've done it perfectly. You must have had great teachers before coming here. If you don't mind me asking, what school did you go to before coming here?"

  "Y-Yeah, uh, actually, my... mom taught me." I replied.

"Your mom? It would have been nice is she taught me before she passed, huh? She probably should have become a teacher here."

"Y-Yeah, she was a pretty good teacher..." I replied, relieved she didn't ask any more questions.

Raynor and I walked back to our room. I still felt really tired after casting, so I plopped myself onto the bed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said.

"I think you should rest more, you haven't fully gained your energy." He said, pulling my blanket over me.

"Thanks." I said.

  Just as I said that, we heard loud thumping outside. I instantly sat up from bed. "What's that?" I asked, anxiously.

  We ran to the front of the school to see boys standing by the front gate with many different types of demons.

  "The Academy of Masterminds! They only show up once a year! Why are they here already?"

  "We're back! And we're definitely gonna be able to destroy this school and all the students with it!" A man declared.

  "Not if I can stop it!" Principal Thunderthorne yelled.

  "Tsk, no way! Demons attack!" He yelled. The students unleashed their demons at us. Mrs. Thunderthorne created a shield to block the demons from entering.

  "Students! Calm down and find a safe place to hide!" She yelled

  "But what about you?!"

  "I'll be fine! Find the guards! They can help me!" She ordered. The third years ran into the school to get the school guards to help Mrs. Thunderthorne fight.

  "We came back here early to have a show! Our demons are stronger now. Your attacks will be useless!" The man announced.

  The demons punched Mrs. Thunderthorne's shield. She continued to hold it, but we can see her getting tired. After another demon punched it, the shield disappeared and she fell onto the ground.

  "Mrs. Thunderthorne!"

  "Mom!" Raynor yelled.

  "They've certainly gained much more power. For now, hide. We'll take care of this." She said. Many students already were running inside the school. I looked back at the strong and powerful demons. We had to defeat them. I turned around and ran back. Raynor quickly grabbed my wrist.

  "What are you doing?!" He yelled.

  "I'm gonna try to help them! We'll definitely defeat them if we helped!" I said.

  "But you just woke up! You can't do this now or you might faint again!"

  "Well, someone's gotta do something!" I yelled, yanking my hand from his grasp and running dizzily to the gates.

  I drew the glyph for claws. The claws slashed right through the demons, but they quickly regenerated themselves.

  "Your attacks are useless!" The man yelled. I glared at him. I drew many glyphs almost all at once, sending multiple attacks to the demons. It didn't defeat them, but it surely weakened them.

  "How dare you come to destroy the school!" I yelled.

  "What can a weak little first year do anyway?" The man said.

  "I may only be a first year, but if I put all my strength into this one attack, I can take down anything in my way!" I declared. My hand soon took over and drew an unfamiliar glyph with my staff. Pointing my staff at the many demons, a white light shot out of the blue orb. The strangely warm power flew to demons, purifying them all, only to hear their loud roars before they disappeared.

  After that I saw nothing.
~~~
Sorry for the short chapter, next chapter is kinda short but it's one of my favorites ;D

Thanks for 100+ reads!

-Sakura🌸