Chapter 8: Trying to Keep Secrets

~Noelina~
  "Hi, Noelle, Ra-Regina!" Emily called. It turns out, she's not the best at keeping secrets.

  "Emily!" Raynor whispered. "I'm trusting you to keep my secret! Please call me Regina in school!"

"I'm trying, okay?" Emily whispered. "You shouldn't have trusted me with a secret because I suck at keeping them!"

"You're the one who bursted in! Have you ever heard of knocking?!"

"So-rry, the door was already open so I thought I could let myself in."

"You're gonna get me caught!"

"N-Now, now, guys, we don't need an argument." I whispered, trying to calm them down.

  "I see Emily joined Regina now, huh?" A girl said loudly, walking to us. "Well, I don't think you loners don't deserve to be friends with Regina."

  "I know you are but what am I?"

  "Argh, just back off! You're too... too... n-normal to hang out with a popular girl like Regina!" She yelled.

  "Hey, you back off, jerk!" Emily yelled. "Candace, we all know you just want to be Ray- uh- R-Regina's friend because you want to be favored by his- h-her mom!"

  Raynor face palmed.

  "Ray? His?" Candace asked. "What's going on?"

  "D-Don't try to change the subject!" I shouted.

  "Y-Yeah!" Raynor said. "You do realize that someone doesn't magically get ranked first unless they work hard. It's the Academy of Magical Arts, it's not supposed to be easy."

  "Yeah! If I'm her friend, then she'll help me study so that I can soon get to number 1!" Candace said. "After all, she is number 1 again, right?"

  "Nope." He said.

  "What?! You aren't?! Who did this to you?!" She demanded.

  "That person would be my friend Noelle here." He said, pushing me forward.

  "You?! But you're such a dumb geek!" She exclaimed.

  "Hey! Back off!" Raynor yelled. "I don't suppose you got into the top ten this semester either."

  "Hmph!" She grunted, storming away.

  ~Lunch~
  "So, is it awkward to live with each other?" Emily asked.

  "It was, but now it isn't." Raynor said. "Noelle thought that all boys were evil so she was even scared of me at first!"

  "H-Hey! I learned that not all boys are!"

  "But, isn't it weird?" Emily asked. "You're opposites. At least, you're supposed to be."

  "Nope. It's all fine now." I said.

  "So, are you guys like, y'know," she said, clasping her hands together.

  "Huh?" Raynor and I asked, confused.

  "Y'know? Like, an item?" She asked.

  "Item?" We asked, clearly not knowing what this meant.

  "Ugh! Like, dating or something?" She asked.

  "W-What?! N-No!" We stuttered at the same time, blushing.

  "Haha! Are you sure? It sounds like you are, your faces are all red." She said. "You're not keeping another secret, are you?"

  "N-No, promise." Raynor and I said at the same time, still blushing.

  "Hey! Stop that!" We both yelled at each other.

  "You guys are hilarious!" Emily laughed. "Well, you don't seem so awkward around each other, so you mustn't be dating yet."

  "Thank goodness you get it." I said.

  "But you two definitely are like, perfect for each other! You're both smart, and you are already living in the same room!" Emily squealed. "Looks like things are already starting to heat up between you two!"

  "No Emily! No!" We both yelled with red faces.
~~~
Sorry for the extremely boring chapter. I know I uploaded it before I hit 90 reads, but it's already been a week so I decided to publish it.

-Sakura🌸