Chapter 12: Am I Dead?

This is gonna be a Raynor x Noelle or Raynelle chapter. I can't think of any other ship names

~Normal~
It has been three days since the attack and Noelle still hasn't woken up. Raynor and Emily often checked on her but she would still be sleeping. Raynor has been getting more and more concerned about his friend. She barely moved around in her sleep, and they could only hear a faint sound of breathing that indicated that she was still alive. Raynor knew that since her mom had a heart attack, she had a chance of getting it too, even at such a young age. Every day, he had been continuously checking her pulse to see if she was alright. Even the other students began to get worried, despite the fact that they disliked her for hanging out with Raynor. Some of them even began to feel more sympathetic towards her and would sometimes go with Raynor and Emily to check on her. Soon enough, almost everyone was hoping for her to be okay.

~Noelina~
  Am I dead?

I don't see anything.

I don't feel anything.

I must be dead.

But what will happen if the school finds me dead?

I feel something.

Warmth. Blanket. Bed.

I opened my eyes.

I was in my room, still in my uniform, on my bed.

The sun shone brightly through the window and I could see a couple of casting classes outside.

Someone must have brought me here. I uncovered myself from the blanket and stood up.

I heard a bell ring. School must be over.

I ditched class?

Did classes go on after the attack?

No, there's no way they would do that.

Wait, the attack.

What was that light?

That unfamiliar glyph? The power to purify?

No, no one in my family had that power.

Well, my great, great, great grandmother did.

What's wrong with me?

The door opened. Raynor walked in with his disguise. Not noticing me, he walked into the bathroom. He undid the spell, took off his wig and changed his clothes. When he walked out he finally noticed I was up, gasping when he saw me awake.

"H-Hi." I greeted as if nothing happened.

"N-Noelle." He dropped his bag.

He ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders. He pinned me against the wall with an angry, yet thankful look on his face.

"Why did you do that? Why did you fight the demons? You had performed an extremely difficult spell and passed out, but you still fought? Why? You should've stopped when you were turning pale!" He scolded, shaking my shoulders. I forced my eyes shut.

"Why did you risk your life to save the school? You would've gotten killed! The guards could have done it, but why did you do that?" He stopped shaking my shoulders. Tears were flowing out of his eyes. He wiped them off and smiled.

He leaned in, our faces only centimeters apart.

"R-Raynor?" I stammered, blushing.

"I want to protect you. I would be crushed if you were gone. Please don't ever make me so scared again."

He closed the gap between our faces.

My eyes widened, but I then closed them. He deepened the kiss, the warmth of his lips rushing through all of me. I could feel our powers unleashing and floating like sparks all around us. I returned his kiss which surprised him a little. We parted and our faces turned almost completely red. In an attempt to cover his face, Raynor pulled me into a hug.

"I could've lost you." He said.

"S-Sorry."

"Please don't ever worry me again."

"I-I'm sorry." I replied, tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. You saved our lives there. We wouldn't be here without you." He said.

"But I made you worry. I made everyone worry." I said.

"It's fine, Noelle. I'll take it for now. You helped us out a lot." He said.

"It's gonna be alright."

"It'll be fine."
~~~
So me, being me, knew that there had to be more romance in this book. So I added more Raynor x Noelle ;D

I enjoyed writing this chapter more than I should have :)

-Sakura🌸