Chapter 10: Secrets

~Normal~
It's almost been five months already, and Noelina is getting used to the school environment. Many people still dislike her for hanging out with "Regina" all the time, but she puts it behind her and ignores them. Raynor has been getting used to having Noelle around, and he trusts her in keeping his secret. He is glad to have a real friend who doesn't want to be his friend just because he's the principal's "daughter," but for who he really is.

~Noelina~
Raynor and I walked over to our casting lessons. Emily was already there, talking to someone else. She waved at us as we approached her.

"Hi Regina, Noelle!" She called.

"Hi Emily." I greeted.

"Hey, did you hear? We're having a pop quiz!" Emily informed us.

"No way! Really?" Raynor said.

"I overheard Mr. Nolan talking to some other casting teachers. They were talking about having our first pop quiz." Emily said. "I think they just want us to perform a trick. Probably a harder one like the shaping spell or the flying spell."

I've done those spells many times. The shaping spell took me years to learn and the flying spell was something my mom taught me to escape the demons, creatures created by the men to send to female populated places. She defeats demons alone, just because my sister and I were too young. When I turned twelve, she taught me the attacks she used to defeat the demons.

"Okay class! Today we will have a pop quiz! Show me your level of magic, I want to see your skill level." Mr. Nolan said. Many students groaned. We picked out numbers from a hat. Emily was first (which made her really nervous), Raynor was fourth, I was ninth.

~Normal~
Emily walked to the edge of the lake. With her staff, she drew the levitation glyph and pointed her staff onto the water, a huge drop floating into the sky. She drew the shapeshifting glyph and pointed her staff to the floating water, the water turning into a bouquet of flowers. Drawing the freezing glyph, the bouquet of flowers turned solid and she picked them up.

"Very good." Mr. Nolan said.

As Raynor's turn came by, he walked up to the center. He drew the glyph for fire and sparks were cracking on the orb of his staff. Drawing the glyph for color allowed the sparks to change into many colors. He drew the glyph for shape change, then pointed his staff at the sky, fireworks exploding into many shapes with in many colors.

"Excellent."

So far, no one attempted the flying spell or the even harder shaping spell. They were too afraid that they would fail their first pop quiz.

And finally, it was Noelle's turn. She walked up to the center. She drew the glyph for particle visibility and pointed it into midair. Air particles glowed and we're ready to take a form. Drawing the glyph for shapeshifting, the particles took the form of a necklace with a pendant of a heart. She then drew the glyph for density change, and since air is the least dense form of matter, therefore making it the hardest to change it into a solid right away, the spell caused her to lose energy quickly. The necklace turned silver and became a real necklace - many students gasped when the it appeared. Noelle fell on her knees as she had finally completed the spell. She had turned pale from all the energy she used, Raynor and Emily coming to her aid.

"Noelle! Are you okay?" Raynor asked.

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm fine." She said, getting lightheaded.

"You need to rest." Emily ordered. "You didn't have to go that far! It's just a quiz, it's not our final or anything."

  "Yeah, I'll just lie down for a-"

~Noelina~
I woke up in a white room with many other beds. I was in the infirmary. Raynor, as Regina, was sitting in a nearby chair, sleeping. I giggled softly. Soon enough he woke up to my laughter.