Chapter 29: Battle: Part 2

~Noelle~
We flew out of the castle and headed to the Academy of Masterminds. Surely enough, school was still in session, and no one was outside.

"Hey Noelle," Raynor said. "how exactly are we gonna defeat this school with only the four of us?"

"Don't worry." I winked. "I've brought some backup." I whispered into my earpiece, calling everyone else.

Many of our classmates climbed out of the trees and bushes. All the way from first to fourth year students, teachers and staff too.

"Wha..." Emily said in shock. "How did you get them all here? And why were they hiding in the trees and bushes?"

"I asked my grandmother to find the students that survived the explosion. We found many of them in the woods outside the school grounds, while some managed to get back home. We called that we needed help, and they made their way here." I said. "They were hiding because we told them to remain unseen at the school grounds."

"Wait a sec, who's the boy?" Someone asked.

"Who? Eric?"

"The other guy."

"Oh..." I said, realizing we haven't told them about Raynor yet. "Remember Regina? Well..."

  ~~~

"What?!" The entire group of first years exclaimed.

"Okay, okay." Emily said. "Explanation later. We've gotta keep quiet so that no one hears us."

I quickly went over the plan before we began. We all flew over to the roof and I cast an invisibility spell on all of us. No one could be seen, including all our staffs. We ran down the halls and set bombs that could make people feel nauseous at the beginning, middle, and end of each hallway. We only had ten minutes to do this. I checked my watch, the bell for lunch should ring right about...

Now.

The bell rang all throughout the school and students rushed out of the classrooms. We all cast a spell that created a magical barrier around us. The bombs exploded and the gas spread all around the school. Everyone started falling dizzy and fell on their knees.

The only unaffected area was in the principal's office.

We ran downstairs and found the principal's office. We opened the doors-still invisible- to the office. Mrs. Thunderthorne was speaking to the principal.

  "Who's there?" She shouted, holding up her staff. Right on time, the invisibility spell wore off and we revealed ourselves to them both.

  "You?! All of you?! How in the world did you all survive?!" The principal questioned. "What is happening to my students?!"

  "A nauseous gas." Raynor said. "The students as well as the staff shall remain immobile for a few hours."

"Looks like you can't call for help." Emily said.

  "Grr, I'll get you!"

We all ran out of the building, running through hallways and corridors, but they both only seemed to be chasing Emily, Eric, Raynor and I. No matter who was closest to them, they only ran after us.

"Why are they only chasing us?!" Emily yelled.

"I don't know- hey guys! I'm way far behind you!" I shouted. Mrs. Thunderthorne and the principal soon caught up to me and grabbed me by the shoulders.

"Gotcha." The principal smirked, and dragged me into the principal's office.

~Raynor~
"They've got Noelle!" I shouted. We followed them into the principal's office.

"So I see you came to help your little friend." The principal said. "But I'm afraid you're too late."

Noelle was locked in a long tube: her eyes were closed and her skin was getting paler by the second. Wires connected into another large tube, which contained a white light.

"What are you doing to Noelle?!" I yelled.

"As soon as this tube fills up, all her power will be drained. We can replace it with black magic, and she will be as strong as she was before, and she will transfer into the dark side." Mrs. Thunderthorne explained. "After that, there's no turning back."

"We know how powerful she is, and how powerful her long line of family is. This power is now as good as ours." The principal smirked.

"Let our friend go now." I commanded.

"Oh, no can't do. Her magic is being extracted out of her, and I don't have the heart to return it." He said. "Unless,
you're willing to replace her?"

  I gulped. I looked back at Emily and Eric, both with worried expressions.

"If you will let her go, then I'll take her place."

"What?!"

"Raynor you can't do this!"

"I have to." I said. "Noelle is the most powerful out of all of us. She's the only one who can stop them."

Mrs. Thunderthorne prepared another tube. The principal stopped the machine.

"Return the power back to her, now."

"Get in the tube first."

"How will I know if you'll reverse the machine's effects after I get in?"

"I promise I will."

"Even I can't trust that."

They both grabbed my arms and started pushing me towards the tube.

"I said, return Noelle's white magic back into her!"

I yanked my arms from them both and pushed through them. I turned the lever on the machine to 'reverse' and Noelle's magic rushed back into her. The tube drained quickly and I opened the tube she was in. Her eyes opened and she was breathing again.

"Raynor?" She asked. "What's happen- whoa!" I carried her out of the case and set her standing on the ground.

"Purify them!" I said, throwing her staff towards her. "No, purify the entire school!"

We ran outside the school before the principal and Mrs. Thunderthorne could catch us. Noelle held her staff.

"Looks like this'll be a job for two." Eric said.

"No, for four." Emily said, both of us standing next to them.

We cast a levitation spell and helped Noelle and Eric draw a giant purification glyph. Pointing our staffs forward, we sent the glyph towards the school, purifying all their students and staff.

It was quiet. Too quiet. Not a sound rang through the entire building.

"We did it." Eric said. "They're purified."

"Did they all disappear?" Noelle asked.

"No, but the dark magic was drained out of them. They only have white magic now." He explained.

"So we really did it, huh?" Emily said.

"Yeah."

~~~
Omg thank you guys so much for 1K reads! I know I'm definitely not the best writer, and I'm still improving, but I'm still glad that you guys are enjoying the story. I love writing this story and I hope that you guys will continue to read it! Thank you so much!

-Sakura🌸