Chapter 4: Coming Back

The photo above is Emily.

~Noelina~
I boarded the train back home with mixed emotions. Right after my mom died, I have to become princess? That's crazy. 

By the time I got to the academy, I didn't speak a word about the royal family. Raynor would probably eventually find out, just because he's my roommate, but I don't know it'd be a good idea to tell him any sooner nor later. I promised grandmother that I wouldn't tell anyone, but Raynor...?

I returned on a Monday, and Mrs. Thunderthorne said that I could have that day off to unpack. As I returned my things to their places, I worked on some of the homework I was assigned to finish.

The final bell of the day had chimed and I could hear the loud voices already rushing past the room door. Raynor walked in, smiling widely.

"Welcome back!" He said cheerfully before remembering why I left. "How was the funeral?"

"Depressing." I said. "My sister had to go live with my grandmother. Anything new happened?"

"You tell me! After you left, all the girls crowded around me on every day of last week!" He complained. "It was so annoying! Thank goodness you're back!"

"Seems frustrating." I said.

"Oh, it definitely was!"

I didn't know if I should tell him. I had two secrets now, me being from the Castilla family and that now I'm a princess. I guess I would when I knew I could trust him.

  ~~~
  I ended up shortening this chapter a whole lot because this chapter isn't entirely important to the plot. The only reason I'm really keeping it is because it's kind of the transition between the last and the next chapter.

-Sakura🌸