Chapter 9: Girls Day

~Noelina~
  I'm so excited for today! Emily's showing me around town! Raynor told us that he had business with his mom to take care of, so he couldn't come with us because of the work he has to do. I met Emily down in the lobby.

  ~Normal~
  "Hi Noelle! Ready to go?" Emily called.

  "Definitely!" Noelle replied. They went down to the train station. As they arrived, they saw many tall buildings and shops.

  "Woah! The city's so filled!" Noelle exclaimed.

  "Yup! It's almost like you can find everything here!" Emily exclaimed. "I've been here a couple of times, I've never been able to leave without finding what I needed."

  They walked around the city and looked at all the stores filled with clothes and accessories.

  "We should probably get you a dress. The dance is coming up in two weeks, so you might wanna prepare. I've already got my outfit planned." Emily said.

  "Oh, okay." Noelle said. They walked around the city and around many clothing stores.

  "Ooh! What about this one?" Emily said, holding up a red dress with short sleeves with a mid-thigh length skirt.

  "Sure, I'll try it on." Noelle said walking into the changing room. Emily looked around the store while waiting for Noelle.

  "E-Emily, I'm n-not so sure t-this really f-fits me-"

  "No way! It looks perfect on you!" Emily exclaimed. "You're definitely gonna beat all the other girls!"

  "I d-don't know, it d-doesn't r-really look l-like s-something I would w-wear." Noelle stammered.

  "It'll be fine!" Emily said. "It's perfect!" She smirked and whispered into Noelle's ear.

  "Wait till you see Raynor's face after he sees you in this."

  Noelle's face turned redder. "Emily!!!"

  Despite that, she bought the dress anyway.

  ~Noelina~
We stopped by a local fast food restaurant to have lunch. We both bought ourselves burgers and iced tea.

  "Hey, Noelle." Emily said.

  "Yeah?" I replied.

  "What do you think of Raynor?" Emily asked.

  "Huh? Where's this coming from?" I asked.

  "I was just wondering, after all you guys have been living together for four months already." Emily said.

  "I just think of him as a friend, that's all." I said.

  "You seriously don't have any feelings for him?" She asked.

  "Nope. Nothing."

  "So he's not dating anyone?" She asked.

  "Nope." I said.

"So he's wide open?" She asked.

  "What, do you like him or something?"

  She looked down, her face going red.

  "Wait seriously? You like Raynor?"

  "Shh! C'mon N-Noelle, it's d-definitely not l-like that." She stammered, her face turning red.

  "It's pretty obvious now, your face is red and you're stuttering." I said. "Admit it, you like him!"

  "Fine, I like him, okay?" She said, blushing.

  "I knew it!" I said.

  "I'm just surprised that you don't feel anything about him. I only figured out his real identity last week, and this was how I felt in the next few days. I'm surprised you don't feel anything." She said.

  "Well, people have different opinions." I said. "So, since when did you start liking him?"

  "Around the middle of last week." She replied. "Come to think about it, he's pretty cute, and he's also smart. And on top of that, he doesn't want to be evil, so there won't be any breakups or divorces like many other couples."

  "You do have a point there." I said. "But why do you keep saying things about me and him being the perfect couple?"

  "I just didn't want to make my own feelings obvious to him." She said.

  "But doesn't it feel weird to say that someone else is perfect for your crush?" I asked.

  "Well yeah, but I just don't think about it happening. I just say it to make it less obvious." She said.

  We headed back to school after lunch. I carried the bag that held my new dress on my arm.

  "Oh yeah, please don't tell Raynor what I just told you!" Emily said.

  "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." I said. I headed back to my room.

  "Hey." Raynor greeted. "How was downtown?"

  "Awesome! I didn't know that the Province of Green had this kind of place!" I left out any types of conversations Emily and I had.

  That night, I thought about what Emily told me.

  She really likes Raynor, huh?

  But for some strange reason, I can't help but feel unhappy about it.

  Why? Why do I feel this?

A part of me is fine with them being together and the other is depressed about it.

But why?

No one's dating Raynor, but why do I feel like the idea of Emily getting q
together with him makes me mad?

I want Emily to be happy, but a part of me hates the fact that she wants to date him.

  But I don't like him in that way,

  do I?