Chapter 14: Attention

~Noelina~
Oddly, the next day everyone has been treating me more nicely. Whenever I entered a room, everyone would look at me and gasp. Many people talk to me now and they squeal softly after. Something's going on.

"What's happening? Is the entire class trying to pull a prank on me or something?" I asked. People stared at me as I talked to Regina. It was getting creepy.

"Um, Noelle!" Someone walked up to us.

"Yes?" I replied.

"C-Can I have y-your a-autograph?" The girl asked, holding out a small notebook.

"Eh?" I asked, confused.

"Okay, I think that's going a bit far." Raynor said. "What's going on anyway?"

"Noelle just saved our school from the boys!" She squealed. "The principal even said she's the first in our school to ever have the power to purify!"

"O-Oh, that." I said.

"It's amazing! Purification is really rare, even in the past 70 years that the school was open, now is the only time we had a student who could purify!"

"Miss Castiel?" Someone said walking through the door.

"Principal Thunderthorne!" I said.

"We have some things to discuss about last week." She said. "Come to my office after school."

"Y-Yes." I replied.

"No way! Principal Thunderthorne is definitely gonna talk about your power!" A girl from another group squealed.

"You'll probably be given special attention!"

"Don't mind them, they do this all the time." Raynor said.

~After School~
Uncomfortable going alone, Raynor and I went to the principal's office.

"You wanted to speak with me?" I asked.

"Yes. We're here to discuss your purifying power." Mrs. Thunderthorne said.

"I don't really know what happened there. I was unfamiliar with the process."

"I am aware of that. People who do the spell for the first time normally faint or fall unconscious for a while." She said.

"But mom, isn't it too early for her to gain this power now?" Raynor asked. "I mean, most of the people who have the power of purification gain them when they're fourteen or fifteen."

"You do know that she's from the Castilla family right? Most of their powers have a higher chance of coming earlier than others." She said. "Anyway, Noelle, I am suggesting that you take special training with this new power. I will have someone come who has more experience with purification to help train you."

"I'll think about it." I said. We walked out of the office.

"So, are you gonna do it?" Raynor asked.

"I don't know. I feel like training will be hard, but I don't want to faint again when I perform the spell." I said.

"You should probably do it. You do perfectly in school and in Spell Casting, so you can definitely do well at this too." Raynor said.

"But this is purification I'm talking about. I fainted when I did it. It'll definitely be harder." I said.

"You've just got to give it your all." Raynor said. "I believe you can do it."

"Thanks. I think I'll try." I said.

~The Next Day~
"Principal Thunderthorne?" I asked coming into her office.

"Yes, Noelle. Have you thought about my offer?" She asked.

"Yes. I will try to learn purification." I said.

"I'm glad you're willing to try. I will have a trainer come in next week." She said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Thunderthorne." I said.