Chapter 5: Trying to Remember

~Raynor~
  It's been two days since Noelle came back. The other students don't talk to me as much - I'm glad about that. We haven't had that many tests, exams, overload of assignments or anything. I guess the teachers decided to give us a break. Noelle was all caught up with her assignments, so she can finally enjoy this work-free week.

  It was Saturday, and since I have nothing to do, I decided to wander around. No one was around outside, so I walked out without my disguise and climbed a tree. I lied down on one of the thicker branches and felt the wind blowing. Soon enough, my eyes were slowly getting tired and I fell asleep.

  "I now crown Kathryn Castilla, as the Princess of the Province of Wind."

  Everyone clapped their hands as Darlene Castilla, Kathryn's mother, placed a sparkling tiara on the head of her daughter.

  I was only five years old, and this was a huge event. But since I was the prince of the Province of Light, I had to go. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still the prince, even though my fate was to use dark magic, that may even lead to the the destruction of the Magic Domain. I got bored, just watching and listening to people talk.

  My mother said that I could explore the castle, hoping to find some other children to play with. Excited, I explored the halls of the huge castle. Sadly, I didn't have any luck in finding other kids to play with, I'm guessing that all the families here didn't bring their children because this was too huge of an event to have small kids disrupting everyone.

  I turned and walked around many hallways, still hoping to find another kid. Still no luck.

  "Achoo!"

  I turned around. No one was there. Maybe I was imagining things. I continued on walking.

  I could hear a small sound of footsteps. Turning around again, I heard a small gasp and spotted a part of a pink dress disappear behind a wall.

  I turned around and walked back. Behind the wall I found a small girl with brown eyes and brown hair wearing a pink gown. She sat near the end of the hallway and was scrunched up into a small ball.

  "Hello." I said. She looked up.

  "A-Ah! I-It's a b-boy!" She squeaked.

"A... boy?" I didn't understand what she meant by this.

"You're evil! Everyone says boys use black magic!"

  Sighing, I explained my position. "No, I'm not evil."

  "Y-You're not?" She asked.

  "I don't wanna be evil." I said.

  "Oh."  This time she smiled, knowing she could trust me after all. I smiled back.

  "Do you wanna play hide and seek?" I asked.

  "Yeah!" She squealed. "Let's play in the living room, it's bigger there."

  She took my hand and I followed her into the living room. We played rock-paper-scissors and I had to count first.

  "8, 9, 10! Ready or not, here I come!" I shouted. I looked around the room, and saw a figure behind the curtains. I walked up to them and uncovered the girl.

  "Aww, that was too fast." She said.

  We continued to play as soon as the ceremony was over. Mom walked into the living room when we were still playing.

  "Honey, it's time to go." Mom said.

  "Aww!" we groaned.

  "Don't worry, we'll visit next time." She replied.

  "Really?" I asked. "Okay! I'll see you again!"

  "Bye!" She waved.

  As soon as I got into the carriage, I realized I forgot to ask for her name.

  I woke up. I sat up on the branch.

  What was that dream for? It was from ages ago.

  Who was that girl again? She seems oddly familiar.

  But who could it be? I'm not aware.

  I feel like I know her. But I can't quite put my finger on it.

  I put it behind me. I'll figure it out soon.

  ~Noelina~
  After a full day of no homework or assignments, I had a day of relaxation. I practiced my spells outside to get ready for Spell Casting, and just went to the library and read a few books.

  When night time came along, I was pretty sad that the day was over. It meant that tomorrow was the last day of rest. Raynor and I went to bed early today.

  I walked around the halls as mother's coronation was going on. Since I wasn't the princess, I didn't have to go. Since Melody was only two years old, she was with the caretaker.

  I was gonna go to the kitchen to get a snack, but I saw a boy walking through the halls.

  I gasped. He's a boy. Maybe he was planning to do something bad. I followed him around the halls. The castle was pretty old, and pretty hard to clean, so there was still dust around. I sneezed.

  The boy turned around, and I made sure to stay hidden. He kept on walking.

  I followed him. When he turned around again, I turned to another hallway and hid there. I heard footsteps coming here; the boy had found me.

  "Hello." he said. I looked up, scared. I found myself staring into bright green eyes.

  "A-Ah! I-It's a b-boy!" I squeaked.

"A... boy?"

"You're evil!" I yelled back. "Everyone says boys use black magic!"

  "No, I'm not evil."

A boy who isn't evil? Who doesn't use black magic?

  "Y-You're not?" I asked.

  "I don't wanna be evil." He said.

"Oh."

Seems believable, I mean he doesn't look like he can do anything huge to this place anyway.

  "Do you wanna play hide and seek?" He asked.

  "Yeah!" I squealed. "Let's play in the living room, it's bigger there."

  We played until Mom's coronation was done. His mother walked into the living room.

  "Honey, it's time to go." She said.

  "Aww!" We groaned.

  "Don't worry, we'll visit next time." His mom said.

  "Really?" He asked. "Okay! I'll see you again!"

  "Bye!" I waved.

  When he left, I realized I forgot to ask what his name was.

  I woke up.

  The clock read 2:30. I rubbed my eyes.

  What was that dream? Seems pretty realistic, but I don't remember it happening.

How old was I back then? Was it before I hit my head?

Is this some way I'm regaining the memories before my concussion? Is that even possible?

I'm probably overthinking it. I'll probably figure it out eventually.