Chapter three

Mikalya's P.O.V

"Hey mom, I'm home." I said shyly as I stepped into my house.

"Hey." She said coldly. "Did you do your chore this morning?"

Crap, I was in such a rush this morning to get to school because I woke up late. Great, Now I'm going to get it.

"I-I forgot to do it. I woke up kinda late this morning. I didn't want to be late for school." I said while looking at my shoes. And then I felt a stinging pain on my face once I looked up.

"Mikalya! You had one job! One Frikin job! I told you to do the dishes before you left for school, And now look! The pile is getting higher! Do them, Now! And then go to you room!" She yelled while looking in the fridge for some alcohol and food.

"Where's my wine? Did you dump it? Or drink it?" She asked.

"Mom, I'm seventeen. I can't legally drink. And you know I hate that stuff anyways. God knows what it does to this family." I said as I mumbled the last part.

"Fine. I'm running to the store. Do the dishes and do them well! I don't want to have to redo them." She said while slamming the door and walking out.

"Why do I have to live with her? But my dad's worse. He's just as addicted to alcohol as she is. Maybe I should just disappear and fly away to somewhere better then here." I thought to myself as I finished up my chore.

My face was really red from where she had slapped me. There's probably going to be a bruise there by tomorrow. Great, Something I'm sure Calum will notice. Oh crap! Calum! I'm supposed to start the project with him today! Maybe I should call him and tell him I'm not feeling well.

Just as I thought that my phone rang. And low and behold it was Calum.

"Hey Calum, What's up?" I said nervously as I answered my phone.

"Hey! Can we start this project now? Or is now not a good time?" He asked.

"No, Now's okay. Um, Can we do it at your house though? My mom's not home." I said.

"Sure! I'll pick you up!" He said.

"Oh, Um okay. See you in a few." I said and hung up.

"Please have my mom still be gone when he gets here." I begged as I walked down stairs to wait for Calum.

Not even ten minutes later the door bell rang and there was Calum. He was looking very good today. I couldn't help but stare. But when he laid eyes on me his eyes became big.

"Mikalya! What happened to your face? It's all purple!" Calum gasped.

"Oh, I um, Hit my face on my door when I came home from school. I'm kinda clumsy." I lied.

"Oh, Well hope it clears up fast!" He said with a smile as he held his hand out for me to take.

I hesitated for a second before lacing my fingers between his. It felt nice, To hold someone's hand. Especially when they have nice soft hands too.

"So, What's your family like?" Calum said while we were driving to his house.

My heart sank. What do I tell him? My dad's a drunk who abuses me, And so is my mother. But they aren't married. Both are just horrible to me.

"Lie" my conscious said to me as I was thinking of a way to respond.

"Um, My moms just really busy with work and stuff, But sadly my parents aren't together anymore. They divorced when I was twelve." I said.