Chapter twenty-one

After Mikalya jumped I started to freak out. She never came back up, Nor did I see life at the bottom of the cliff.

I decided to call the ambulance and police to see if they can help me locate her body.

"911, What's your emergency?" The dispatcher said.

"Hi, I need your help. My girlfriend jumped off a cliff just now and I can't see her body anywhere. I need help finding it." I panicked.

"Sir, Calm down. We'll send help right away. I have your location." The lady said.

"Thank you!" I said and hung up.

Please tell me she'll be okay.

The police and ambulance showed up not too long after and they started to search right away.

"Sir, Can you tell me where she jumped?" The paramedic asked.

"Over here. Towards the water. I know she hit the bottom, But she never came back up." I explained.

"Okay. Thank you. Why don't you go home and we'll continue the search. We'll call you if we find anything." The paramedic said.

"Yeah, Okay." I said and walked to my car.

Why? Why did she do this? I understand her pain and depression, But doesn't she know that it effects me too? I might have lost her! I'm so angry at her for doing this to me!

I walked into my house and my parents were standing at the door waiting for me.

"Calum! Baby, I'm so sorry! I heard what Mikalya did. Are you okay?" My mom asked.

I broke down in her arms. I couldn't bare with this pain I have.

"I-I can't handle this mom. She might b-be gone for good, A-And I didn't do anything to stop her. This is all my f-fault! I hate myself!" I cried.

"Shh, Baby. It's not your fault. She jumped before you could do anything. Please just don't blame yourself for this. Okay?" My mom said.

"B-But, She's my girlfriend. I was supposed to protect her from harm. And look at what a great job I've been doing." I said.

"Baby, Why don't you get some rest. I'm sure you haven't slept well in a few days. I'll wake you up if I hear from anybody. Okay?" My mom said.

"Okay, Thank you." I said and walked to my room.

When I got there I threw myself into my bed and cried, And cried. I was even making it worse by looking at all the funny texts and pictures me and Mikalya sent to each other. I know I've only been away from her for about an hour, But it feels like a life time now since she's missing. Or even worse, Dead.

I started to drift off into sleep and I actually got some rest. I haven't slept right since her mother was arrested. And that was a while ago. But I'm actually happy I got sleep for once.

               (Cal's dream)

"Baby? Are you there?"' I said.

"I'll all ways be here, Cal. You may not see me, But you will all ways know I'm here." Mikalya voice said.

"I miss you!" I said into the air.

"I know, Cal. But I'm right here. All you need to do is call, I'll come." Mikalya's voice said.

"I love and miss you, Baby. Don't forget about me." I said.

"How can I? But sadly I have to go, Tell the world that I'm free. I love you Calum. All ways remember that." Her voice said as it disappeared.

I was awoken by someone shaking me awake. It was Luke.

"Cal, Calum! Wake up!" Luke said.

"What?" I asked.

"They um, They found Mikalya." Luke said.

"What? Where?" I asked.

"They took her to the hospital. C'mon!" Luke said.

We ran to his car and rushed as fast as the law would let us to the hospital.

"Hi, I'm here to see Mikalya Rivers." I said.

"She's being helped at the moment. But you can wait until she's done and the. we'll let you see her." The nurse said.

"Thank you." I said.

Knowing my baby is somewhat okay makes me feel a little better. But I'll feel so much better when I can actually see her.

It's been about three hours since me and Luke got here. And they are still working on her. I wonder what kind of damage she has on her. I mean she did jump from a high height. I hope it's nothing serious.

"Excuse me? Mr.Hood?" A nurse asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Mikalya is in a coma, But you and your friend can see her. If you'd like." She said.

"Okay, Thank you." I said.

Me and Luke walked in the room and I couldn't handle seeing her like that. All banged up and lifeless. My poor baby girl. She was so broken that she felt the need to end her life, And now she's here. What kind of boyfriend am I? Not a good one, That's for sure.

"Hey baby girl. I know you can't hear me. But, I wanna say something." I said while taking her hand.

"Mikalya Rivers, You're really changed my life. Before I met you I was just a kid who wanted to be like everyone else, But you changed me. I didn't want to be popular anymore, I wanted to be your friend and be the one to help you. I know you've been through a lot. And I know you're broken, But baby, I can put your broken pieces back together. You just need to give me a chance. Mikalya, Without you I'd be nothing. We've been together for a year now, And I think I know that you are the one I want. You're so strong, Beautiful, Smart, Funny, And just the perfect girl for me. And if I lose you, I'd lose my world. So baby, Please wake up! I need to see those beautiful blue eyes of yours."

I wiped my eyes from all the tears that were about to spill. The nurse came in and said that if she doesn't wake up in a few days, They were going to pull the plug and she'll die. They said her damage in her head was sever and she might not make it on her own. But they said they can't keep her in the medical coma they put her in. I hope she wakes up on her own. I want my baby girl back.

"Cal, I think you should get home and sleep. You can come back tomorrow." Luke  said.

"Okay. Just one second." I said while leaning to Mikalya.

"I'll be back tomorrow baby girl. I love you." I whispered into her ear.

I felt her hand slowly touch my arm, And I smiled knowing she might have heard me.

Please wake up baby. I love you! I can't lose you.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

Authors note~  

Hey guys!

So sorry I haven't updated in a couple days, Been kinda busy and I forgot to last night.

But anyways, So Mikalya's body was found, And now she's in a coma. Will she wake up? Or will she decide to fly away to a better place? Guess you'll find out!

Anyways, Hope you're all doing well, And I'll hopefully update again tomorrow!

Peace! ✌️

Gretchen