Chapter five

My heart sank as I read Mikalya's message. What happened? If she's hurt, Or something I will find who did that to her and give them a peace of my mind.  But when Mikyla's friend Miley called me, I felt a tear fall from my eyes.

"Calum! This is Miley, Um. Mikalya's kinda in the hospital. Her mother beat her badly after you dropped her off and well, Come see for your self." She said and hung up.

What? Her mother beat her? Why didn't I see this coming? I could've saved her! I could've kept her at my house at least until after school tomorrow. Man, I'm such an idiot! I need to get to her. I need to see if my baby is okay.

"Mom! I'm heading to the hospital. Um, Mikalya's hurt, And I need to make sure she's okay." I said as I walked down stairs.

"Wait, What? What happened?" My mom asked.

Do I tell her what her mother does to her? Or do I keep that a secret for now?

"Um, She fell down the stairs, She might have injured something. I'll come home as soon as I see her and see what happened." I said.

"Okay, Tell her I'm thinking about her!" My mom said as I walked out.

Mikalya could have a better family. We could be that family for her. My mother all ready treats her like her own. And I'm sure my sister would love her. The only issue is, Convincing Mikalya that she needs to get away from her mother.

I drove as fast as the law would let me and I finally reached the hospital.

"Um, Excuse me. I'm looking for a Mikalya Rivers?" I asked.

"Oh, Yes! Down the hall, Second door on the right." The nurse said.

"Thank you!" I said and rushed down the hall.

"Mikalya?" I said softly.

"Calum! Please, Don't look at me. I look awful!" She yelled.

"Babe, You could never look bad. Trust me. But please look at me." I said.

"Calum, I'm sorry. I should've listened to you and stayed with you last night. My mother came home drunk and she beat me. This is the worse she's ever gone. Normally it's just a slap or a hit to the face, But she wailed on me this time. I just, I don't know what to do! I want the pain to end! I want to be gone. I don't want my life anymore." She said as she broke down.

"Hey, Shh no you could never look awful. Baby, Please don't think that way. Ending it wouldn't solve anything. It'd cause more pain for the people who do care about you. I care about you, My friends care about you, Miley does. My parents do. Please, We can be your family. We can help you. Just let the people who care in. Please?" I begged.

"But sadly not everyone stays. They all leave eventually. That's why I hate letting people get close to me. But I've grown close to you. And I'm happy about that. But what's going to happen if you leave? What will happen if your band leaves for a tour or something? I'll be alone again." She said as she broke down in his arms.

"We'll figure that out when the time comes. But for now, I'm never leaving your side. I promise." I said as I kissed her head.

"Calum? Can I stay at your house? My mother's not home at the moment. I want to be with you." She asked softly.

"Sure baby girl, Let's get you home." I said while wrapping my arm around her.

"Mom! I'm back! Um, Mikalya's here too. She didn't want to go home." I said.

"What happened to her?" My mom asked.

"Um," I said before Mikalya spoke up.

"It's okay Cal, I think I should tell someone. Might as well be your mom." She said.

"Joy, I was in the hospital because my mother beat me. Now, She does this often. She get's drunk and she takes her anger out on me. I try to do things to make her happy, and I also give her her space, But I all ways end up getting hurt. I'm just so scared and lost, I don't know where to go." She said.

"Is your dad around? Can't you live with him? Or a sibling?" She asked.

"I'd never live with my dad, He's just as bad as my mom! But sadly, I don't have any siblings, It's just me." She said.

"How about an aunt, Or a grandparent?" My mom asked.

"My grandparents passed away a few years ago. And my aunts and uncles live to far away for me to get to them." She said.

"But maybe living far away from here will be good for you. You need to get away from your mother." My mom said.

"I know, But I can't stand the thought of being far away from here. I'd miss this place too much." She said.

"Well sweetie, I don't know what to do. But do know this, If things get to bad at home again, Just walk on over if you can. We'll be here for you." My mom said.

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind." Mikalya said.

"I'm going to take Mikalya for a walk. See you in a bit!" I said as I took her hand and led her to the door.

"Your moms nice, I'm jealous." Mikalya said.

"She's very understanding. She's great." I said. I just wish you could say the same about your mom."

"Me too." She said softly as I felt the tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, Everything's going to be okay. Things will settle down with you and your mom. You'll see." I said while wiping away a stray tear.

"I hope so." She whispered into my chest as I eloped her in a hug.

I started to softy hum a song as I rubbed her back and I could feel her start to become less tense.

"You have a lovely sounding voice, Cal." She said shyly.

"Thanks! Maybe I can play a song for you someday." I  said.

"I'd love to hear you play." She said.

"Then it's a date." I said while leaning in to kiss her.

My stomach erupted with butterflies as my lips met hers. If this is making her happy, I never want to stop doing this.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Authors note~

Hey guys!

So, Mikalya and Calum had a talk with Calum's mom about her mother treating her badly, And It was sweet how his mom offered her a safe place to go if she ever needs it. How sweet!

And Calya Kissed!! Finally!! So now she's happy, But will her happiness last?

Anyways, Thanks for reading, I hope you like this story so far, And I'll update again soon!

Peace✌️🤗

Gretchen