Chapter one

"Calum! Wake up sweetie, You don't want to be late for your first day of school now do you?" I heard my mum call through my door.

"I'm up. Be right down!" I yelled

Yay, School. The time where it rips away your fun and tortures you for nine whole months.

"Ready sweetie?" My mom said as she stood at my door.

"Yeah, Let's go." I said.

Even though I can drive myself, My mom insists I let her drive me to school on the first day. Something about her wanting to 'soak in the feeling of seeing me grow up,' Or whatever she calls it. Either way, It's kinda embarrassing.

"Have a good day sweetie. I'll see you tonight when I get home from work!" She yelled.

I just waved her off and met up with my three best mates.

"So, Ready to do this?" Michael asked.

"Nope. But thank God we graduate next year. I will not stand another year after this year at this school. It sucks." I stated as the bell rang.

"Well I have different classes than you guys, So see you at lunch!" Ashton yelled as he walked away.

"I wish I was a senior this year like Ash. But maybe this year will be my lucky year and I'll have me a girlfriend by next summer." Luke said as he approached his locker.

"That'll be the day." I teased.

"Hey, I almost had a girlfriend last year." Luke said.

"Yeah, But you scared her off, Remember? Dude, Just don't show your girlfriend your obsession with penguins on the first date. That's a major turn off." Mikey said.

"Hey, Don't diss the penguin. They are a great animal." Luke said.

"Yeah, Whatever. Well, I'll see you guys in health." Mikey said as he walked off.

As me and Luke were heading to the class room, My eyes fell upon the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. I had to know her name.

"Luke! Do you know who that is?" I asked.

"Her? Nope, I haven't seen her before. Maybe she's new?" Luke said.

"She must be. Well, Let's get to class." I said.

"Good morning class. I'm Mr. James and I'll be your new health teacher. Now I'm going to go around the class and when I point to you, you will stand up and tell us your name and what interests you." Mr. James said.

"All right, You, What's your name?" He said while pointing to that girl I was staring at in the halls.

"I'm Mikalya Rivers, And well I don't have anything that interests me other then wanting to get away from life." She said shyly.

"Oh, Well that's interesting. Nice to meet you Mikalya. Okay, Next!" Mr.Rivers said.

He went around the room and did the same thing and he finally stopped on me.

"You there, What's your name? And what interests you?" He asked.

I stood up and introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Calum Hood, And I play bass in my band that my friends and I made up. We suck so it's nothing special. My only interests are to make others happy." I said while looking at Mikalya and sitting back down.

"Well, That's really good." Mr. Rivers said.

The rest of the class went by kinda fast and before I knew it the bell rang. But before I could reach Mikalya She was all ready out the door and nowhere to be seen.

"You like her don't you?" Michael said as me came up from behind me.

"What? No! I mean she's pretty, But I hardly know her." I said with a blush creeping on my face.

"Mhm, Well good luck, Mate. You should go talk to her. She's by her locker, Now's your chance." Luke whispered in my ear.

I actually listened to him. I was going to talk to her before second period.

"You know what, I will! See you guys in second period!" I said and waved them off.

(Okay, Just slowly approach her and just say hi) I thought to myself as I sucked in a deep breath and walked up to her.

"Hi there! I'm Calum, The one from Health class. You must be Mikalya, Right?" I asked.

"Um, Y-Yes. I'm her. Um, What's up?" She asked shyly.

"Oh nothing, Just wanted to say hi. You seemed lonely in class. Everything okay?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah. Just first day jitters, I guess." She smiled at me as she spoke.

"Yeah, The first day gets me too. But hey, If you need any help getting around or something, I'm all ways here! I won't bite." I said.

"T-thanks, Calum. Well, I'll see you around!" She said while closing her locker and waking away.

I think she's hiding something. And I'm going to find out what it is.

"Well, How did it go?" Luke asked.

"She's very shy. All most too shy. Like she's hiding something." I said while taking a bite of my sandwich.

"What makes you think that?" Mikey asked.

"Well she kept fiddling with her sweater and she hardly kept eye contact with me while she spoke. Either she's just shy, or she's hiding something and doesn't want anyone to find out." I said.

"Give her a few days, She'll come around." Luke said.

"Yeah, You're probably right." I said while taking a bit of my food.

My mind couldn't stop thinking about her. What if she's like hurting? And does she need a friend? I could be that friend for her. I just need to earn her trust and I can get to know her. But I won't harass her on the first week of school. I wanna take this slow. Slowly figure out what she's like.

********************

Author's note

Hello guys!

So this is new Calum fic and I'm all ready getting excited to write more of it.

So the guys meet this new girl, And she's kinda depressed sounding. What's up with her?

Any bet's Calum'a going to get to know her? You'll see what happens soon!

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll enjoy this book!

Peace! ✌️ ~ Gretchen