Chapter eighteen

"Are you sure you wanna go to school today, Mikalya?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Just stay by me. Please?" She asked.

"Of course baby. I'd never let you enter that school alone." I said.

"Good." She said.

"You know, I know you might not like this but you really should visit your mom." I said.

"What? Why would I visit her? She hurt me Cal. She's abusive and just horrible to me. Even when she is sober." She said.

"I know. But Mikalya, She's still your mother. Just visit her once, And if it goes bad then you'll know how she feels about you." I said.

"Okay. Maybe we'll go after school or something." She said.

"Sure. Okay, Class is about to begin. You ready for this?" I asked.

"Yeah. Let's get it over with." She said.

"Good morning class, How's everyone doing with your projects? It's just about the end of the semester, So it needs to be handed in soon." Mrs.Adams said.

"Cal, Have you been writing things down?" Mikalya asked me.

"Yep! Every night like usual." I said.

"Me too." She said.

"Remember, This project is about fifty percent of your grade. Yeah, Big project. But it'll help get your grades up and a better graduation score." Mrs. Adams said.

"Hand them in, in two weeks, All right?" She said.

Some just grunted and shrugged like it was nothing. But I couldn't wait to hand mine in and have Mikalya listen to what I have to say about her. And I couldn't wait to see what Mikalya has to say about me.

(Bell rings)

"Okay class, See you tomorrow!" Mrs.Adams said.

"Mikalya! Wait up!" I yelled as I walked out the door.

"Hey, Wanna hang out today and work on our project?" I asked.

"Sure! But your house." She said.

"Of course." I said.

We headed out to my car when Mikalya was grabbed by some girl.

"Hey little slut, How's your mom doing? Oh wait, Isn't she in jail?" She spat.

"Y-yes, She is." Mikalya said.

"Too bad, Maybe she should've beat you to death so we don't have to see some depressed little slut walking around our school. Remember we run this school. We don't need someone like you in it. Oh and by the way, Keep cutting! I bet you'll eventually run outta blood and die like we want you too." She spat.

"C'mon Mikalya, Let's go." I said while grabbing her arm.

"I'm done with life." Mikalya whispered to herself.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing just drive." She said.