Chapter twenty-five

Today is the day that I never wanted to experience. My own girlfriends funeral. In all the things I could go through, It has to be one of the hardest things people have to go through. But at least I get to lay her finally to rest.

"You ready?" Mikey asked.

"No, But when will I ever be?" I said.

"C'mon, The cars waiting." He said.

We arrived at the church and there was so many cars and people here. I was surprised that most of our classmates are here. Even the jerk Josh had the guts to show up.

I stopped and stared at all the people coming in the church. Is this some joke? Are all the people who did her wrong finally happy she's gone? And they want to watch us bury her? That's sick.

Now's the hard part of a funeral. Telling everyone about Mikalya from your point of view. And the worst part, I wrote her a song and I don't know if I have the strength to play it.

"You may be seated." The pastor said.

He went on about death and how it's a tragic thing. Boy was he right. This is my tragic love story. And it may never end.

"Now we'll hear from Mikalya's boyfriend." He said.

I walked up and stopped to look at her. She looked peaceful. Like she's finally where she needed to be. Away from the world.

"Hello, I'm Calum Hood. I was Mikalya's boyfriend. She was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Besides my band.

When she first came into our Health class, I knew I wanted to get to know her. And then we were assigned partners. Our project was to write something interesting about each other. So, I guess this is where I get to share my part of the project.

Mikalya Rivers was a very sweet, Caring, Beautiful, And smart girl. She was battling with herself and her family on a daily basis. I know because I was there for most of the family fights. After every fight I tried to comfort her and tell her that what her parents do or say shouldn't matter. But she couldn't hold on. And then she was getting bullied at school. And again, I tried to tell her not to listen to them. But then someone hurt her in more ways then one. And that's where I saw her going down hill. What that person did can never be erased, Forgotten, or really forgiven. I'm not sure if she forgave him for what he did, But I know I haven't.

We have a choice in life. To learn to let things go, And move on. Or we can over think the bad things and end up losing ourselves in the bad and get all depressed and angry. I wish Mikalya would've learned to let things go and remember who really cares. But I also don't blame her for thinking how she thought. Everyone made her life a living hell, And nobody besides my friends and her friend, Miley were there for her.

Remember everyone, If you feel the need to pick on someone just don't. You never know how sensitive someone really is until it's too late.

I love you Mikalya Rivers. I have a song I'd like to sing for you. I wrote this in honor of you. Because to everyone you were invisible. But to me you weren't.

This song is called Invisible.

Another day of painted walls and football in the tv. No one sees me.
I fade away, Lost inside a memory of someone's life. It wasn't mine.

I was all ready missing before the night I left. Just me and my shadow and all of my regrets.

Who and I? Who and I? When I don't know myself? Who am I? Who am I?
                      Invisible.