January 4th Age: 14

This winter break has been fantastic. That Christmas spirit spreads through this tiny town like the common cold. Everyone is giving rather than receiving. No one is alone during this happy occasion. Someone is always there helping another in need.

I would've loved this Christmas, if only you are here.

You went out visiting family from another town. I guess that you kinda had no choice but to go.

But I wished that you were here, beside me. I kept imagining us beneath the mistletoe. Holding hands and coming close together.

But, the more I think about it, the more I worry that the feelings aren't reciprocated or mutual in any way.

Sure, I am grateful that I got to see family that I hadn't in a long while.

But, honestly, you were the only thing I really wanted for Christmas this last year.

I keep imagining you appearing out of the blue, as if we were in a movie, and running up to me, declaring your affections for me.

But I have to constantly remind myself that will never happen. All because of who I am. And who you are.

I don't even think you're over that stupid, foolish girl quite yet. She broke your heart and left you all alone.

But I guess that does not matter. Love does strange things to people.

My dad has always told me that we have control over our emotions, if we try. We chose to be angry, upset, or happy. Sometimes they take over, but we chose to let them.

Honestly, Chris, I cannot help but fall for you. I can almost think that it's destiny or fate. But I don't think you believe that.

You still love Veronica or Vanessa- or whatever her name is. Even though she broke your heart.

You two are still friends. I see you guys hang out at lunch, along with all of your other friends.

But I can tell that you are upset- uncomfortable. You don't like things the way they are. Between you and that arrogant girl.

If I were her, I would've never done that to you. I wouldn't have broken your heart like that.

I wish that one day you'll be able to see. See that she doesn't really care about you. See that I do care about you. See that we are meant to be.

I hope your Christmas is as sweet as you and your New Year's Day is as exciting as you as well. I hope one day you will see how close we could be, despite the distance.

Love,

Leia Meadows ❤️