October 1 Age:15

Dear Richie,

I haven't written to you in a long while. I guess I forgot about you...

Okay, the truth is that I forced myself to not write to you. Why should I waste my time writing letters to a guy who doesn't even think the same way about me?

Oh, well, things don't work out the way you want them.

We don't have any classes together this year (I kinda have mixed emotions about that). But I heard that you broke up with your girlfriend yesterday. Well, I've heard several stories, ranging from you making her cry to her tossing you to the curb.

I have to admit that my heart... Lifted, in a sense, when I heard the news. Your sisters told me at lunch; they seemed relieved about it, no offense. Maybe they were trying to cheer me up... I think they found out.

I don't know how, though. They pick on me about you, sometimes. Like, they poke me and make kissy faces when you walk by.

Of course, I deny it all, since it's pretty darn obvious that you don't feel the same. But I can't hide the blush that burns my cheeks.

Because they are right: I still have feelings for you. No matter how hurtful you can be. No matter what you do, I will always have these feelings.

Unless you hated me, like you kinda do now.

I hope that I can actually talk to you again, now that your girlfriend is gone. If I can't have you like the way I dream, then I'll settle for the next best thing: becoming your friend again.

Tomorrow, I'm walking up to you and asking you about your day. If you blow me off, then that's your loss. If you actually decide to conversate with me, then that's great.

But no matter where life tosses us, or what it throws at us, I want you to know that I, at least, want to be your friend.

It's getting kinda late, Richie, so I'm gonna turn in for the night.

Goodnight, Richie.

Love,
Leia Meadows <3