September 30 Age: 14

Dear Richie,

I haven't written you in a while, but I have to admit that I've been thinking a lot about you. I can't seem to get you off my mind.

In my English class, we've been assigned to write poems about things that we care about. Every thought drifts to you.

My heart swells within my chest, my head swerves all different directions, my hands tremble every time I see your face.

I think of you as my knight in shining armor coming to rescue me- my Prince Charming coming to wake me from my deep slumber.

Every time I see your face, I feel out of place.

Like today, I saw you in my P.E. class. Despite the regular attire of a gray tee and dark shorts, you pull it off like no one else can.

Your blue eyes shimmer and shine as they stare into mine. Sure you are all length, but I don't think that you need all that strength.

Richie, I think you are perfect the way you are. You don't need to be strong, or sing a song, or be a super star. All you need is your caring nature and you beautiful humor to win me over.

All you need to do is smile and you've made my life worth while.

You've talked to me a few times since we met. And every time you've made my heart humm, like a soft strum of my heart string.

Please believe me when I say that you are the one that lightens my day.

Every day.

Much love,

Leia Meadows ❤️