April 15 Age: 14

Dear Richie,

I'm sorry about what happened at the game. I didn't mean for you to ever know how I felt about your girlfriend.

But I guess you had to find out at one point, huh?

She does make my brain want to scream insanity and my blood to boil.

But nothing compares to the aching I feel when she's around you. It's as if my heart drops down into my stomach, and I can't eat until my heart is whole.

The thing is, you are the only remedy to my broken heart.

I'm sorry that you had to see me that way, a snobby brat spreading rumors about another they despise. But that's who I am, I guess.

We haven't talked since. I tears me apart. In math, I see you sometimes sneak glances at me, but immediately turn away when it looks like I've noticed. In P.E, you completely avoid me, as if I have contracted a terrible disease or something.

It hurts. It really does. More than any physical pain I've ever experienced.

Is this how we'll always be? Distant. Tattered. Broken.

I don't like it this way. I've tried to apologize multiple times, but you just ignore me, push me away, shrug me off.

And I'm sorry. I had to say that at one point. I just didn't think you'd ever hear me.

So I'm sorry, but not sorry.

Love,
Leia Meadows ❤️