October 23 Age: 15

Dear Richie,

I can't believe that we actually talked today. I thought that you hated me and that you could never forgive me.

But I guess that things aren't as they seem.

You came up to me while I was doing homework on the bleachers for soccer practice. (Long story short, I have to get my grades up or else I'll no longer be on the team).

But you already knew that... because I told you.

You even offered to tutor me this  Friday. You've had Mrs. Winchester before and you kinda already know the ropes to being liked by her, so...

How could I refuse? Especially since I'm doing it with you... ;)

But you obviously don't like me that way. And that's okay, I guess. I'm just glad that we're becoming friends again.

Can't wait to see you in a few days. Well, I'll obviously see you before then because we go to the same school...

But still. I can't wait. I have goosebumps just thinking about it.

I just hope I can keep my focus so that I can stay on the team. I might get so distracted at the fact that you don't hate me anymore.

Oh, I guess you could say that I made a new friend today, too. He was super nice and genuine. He helped me carry my stuff to my locker, me being so overwhelmed with all of Mrs.Winchester's textbooks. Sure, I made him late for class, but he didn't seem to mind.

His name is Ashton. He's a bit nerdy (I could tell from his t-shirt that read some sort of chemistry pun). He is also pretty short, standing at about my height (and I'm already short compared to the average girl, which must make him super short  compared to other guys).

Anywho, it was just nice to have someone be... well, nice to me for a change. Ever since my encounter with Melanie awhile ago, people have been picking on me and teasing me. But it's nothing I can't handle.

They just stick the classic "kick me" signs on my back, call me names, and the every so often trip. I did have someone send a spit ball into my hair yesterday morning during math. It was disgusting.

But, like I said before, nothing I can't handle. I have brothers that have done way worse- teasing-wise, anyway. I also have a bratty little sister who tends to blame everything on me.

Not to mention all of my cousins that have played plenty of pranks on me.

As you can probably see, I'm used to not being liked or quite fitting in with the crowd. Plus, it's not like I haven't been called names before. I just don't care about them that much and let them roll off my back.

Well, anyhow, I hope that you are having a good day. Thanks, by the way, for making me feel wanted. That you don't actually hate me.

Love,
Leia Meadows ❤