I Need to Tell You

Chris and Leia sneak up from behind a car. Leia can't help but giggle, causing Chris to hush her playfully.

"We've only got one shot at this," he whispers to her.

"I can't believe that we're doing this," Leia almost squeals.

"Well, you better believe it, girlfriend." Saying that makes her heart flutter, but she knows that he doesn't mean it the way she wants it to. "Eathan is finally gonna get what he deserves for breaking your heart."

♡◇♡◇♡

Months ago, Leia had attempted suicide, but she wasn't quite ready on relaying that information to anyone any time soon.

Not even to her one friend.

Chris found himself becoming more immersed and interested with what Leia was doing. Whether it was driving around town, picking up groceries for her mom, or cleaning her room, he wanted to know.

Leia began to trust herself more, opening up to more than just Chris, but all of his friends as well. She especially grew fond Conner's humor, which normally was what turned people away from him.

"How come we only find out this about you now, Meadows?" Conner, Zayn, or Trisha would say to her about her talent for drawing, or her dorky knowledge and theories on Pixar movies, or her incredible reflexes.

"Well, I guess there's a lot you don't know about me," She'd reply with a smirk.

That's when Chris would wrap an arm around her shoulder and laugh. "Maybe you should write a book."

"I don't know," she said one day. "I feel like it's unnecessary."

"What do you mean?" Trisha, the only other girl in the group, asked. "You're a cool girl, Leia."

"I just... I'm not that good at writing." She shook her head. "Who wants to hear my story anyway?"

"I do," Chris says, his eyes locked with hers. "And I'm sure everyone else would too."

"Yeah, I'd read it," Zayn, the only sophomore in the group, chimes in.

"Leia: The Girl Full of Surprises," Conner pitches the title, extending his arms out wide in front of him. "I'd read that."

Leia giggles, rolling her eyes. "Sure you would."

Maybe she could write a book, but something told her deep inside that there was no need. As if her story was already out there and people were taking a glimpse of her real life.

She glances at Chris, if only he knew. He smiles at her kindly. I've already written the book. You were the reason I started it.

But for some reason, the words wouldn't escape her.

Now it is the middle of May. The AP tests have passed. Seniors are practicing for their graduation ceremony; they are thinking about new beginnings.

Leia only wishes, for once, that time wouldn't pass. Because of her tight group with Chris and his- and now her- friends, she has been able to ignore the bullies, become who she was meant to be.