June 12 Age: 16

Dear Richie,

I know, I know. It's been awhile. For my defense, I have to say we haven't been talking much lately since after my birthday. We have had the occasional chit chat about how each other is doing, how school is, and what our hobbies are, in case if they've changed.

School just ended and I can't stop thinking about High School Musical 2.

"What time is it?"

"Summer time!"

Yeah, I haven't seen those movies in a long time, so I couldn't recite every single lyric to you. (Honestly, I barely remember what the whole thing is about, besides the love triangle).

I hope that things are well with you. I see you hanging around sometimes, but I don't seem to have the guts to just walk up to you and say hi.

The only times we do talk, however, is when I manage to pull myself together and bring up sports or school.

You have constantly been asking me about how I'm doing in Mrs. Winchester's class or English in general. Yes, I appreciate your help with bringing my grade back up to a solid B, but... is that all we are ever going to talk about?

I mean, school won't always be there and I won't always be on the soccer team and you won't always be a member of that... science club you have after school sometimes.

What I'm trying to say is that life is moving, and it's moving fast.

Just look at us. You're a senior now. And I'm just a junior. You're moving on with your life and I'm still...

I'm just a junior.

I've been giving this one thought into consideration for a long time now and it keeps coming to one conclusion.

I need to get over you.

Just look at me. I'm not pretty. I'm not funny. I'm not smart. I'm not what a guy looks for. I'm basically krill at the bottom of the ocean. Nobody really cares about me. Nobody ever really thinks of me. Everybody treats me like I am the krill at the bottom of the ocean.

Small. Useless. Insignificant.

But when I am with you, like, really with you- when we talk more than just about our day or school or homework, and we actually engage in a real conversation- I feel like... I can't even describe it.

The world makes sense with you.

I know, I am crazy for even falling for you in the first place.

But I never will regret bumping into you my first day of school, freshman year. I will never, ever regret looking up at you for the first time and noticing that there are decent people left on this planet. I will never, ever, ever regret meeting you, Chris.

My only regret is falling for you. Falling in love with you. Allowing myself to get caught up in some fairytale.

It's obvious that you don't feel the same, so I'll get out of your hair.

Sincerely,
Leia Meadows

***Author's Note***

Hey readers!

I'm sorry for the late update. I've been really occupied and distracted, with power outages and school and family funerals; it's kind of hard to keep up with my stories.

Please don't give up on me yet. This story is just about to hit its peak, so please vote and comment on it and recommend it. I really feel like that nobody even likes this book because of how slow it is, and I'm sorry for that.
To my defense, I have to cover all of high school, and that takes quite a lot of chapters.

Again, please, vote and comment  (I like to know that people actually enjoy my work) and recommend it to your friends/followers.

Thank you so much for reading.

Aquamarine1999