Chapter 6: Skeletons In The Closet & Monsters Inside

I really didn't have anything to say to Zayn.

I usually don't talk to people once I've had sex with them. It's nothing personal, I just don't think there should be any contact with that person once it's all over with. What's the use if you're not going to develop anything feelings?

The last time that I seen Zayn was at the Pub whenever I was delivering the drugs to Tim.

Zayn was just a distraction, I was bored and had nothing else to do. So, why not?

"What do you want, Zayn?"

"Whoa, calm down. I just seen the sudden outburst, and decided to see what the big deal was."

I sat quietly thinking about what to say next. He was really irritating to me at the moment.

"Well, I don't really think it's any of your business."

I felt him get closer to me, his feet scoffing on the pavement.

He sat down next to me, on the opposite side of the bench.

"I don't really mean to get into your business, but at least tell me you're alright?"

I thought for a second before responding, "If I tell you I'm fine, will you leave me alone?"

"Probably not."

He just laughed and shook his head, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one up, smoking with me. 

"Okay, well that blonde bloke back there slept with my 'bestfriend' when she clearly knew that I had my eye on her. You happy now?"

I waved my hands up, putting air quotations around the word, best friend.

"I'm not happy, no. But I don't think you should let it bother you. I mean, clearly he's choosing the wrong girl to be with."

I let his words sink in. Why was he saying that?

He didn't think that way of me. No one did, really. I was just some slut that they could get to.

Maybe that's why he was saying these things, so he could get lucky again.

But, luck wasn't on his side.

"And no, I'm not saying those things so I can get back into your pants." He said, as if to read my mind.

"Okay, and admitting that you're not trying to get into my pants, isn't going to get you in them either."

I told him, and he laughed. Running his hands through his quiffed hair.

"I'm not admitting anything, I'm just telling you the truth. I'm not trying to get into your pants. I've already gotten into them.. so why would I try so hard to get into them again?"

I laughed, and shook my head.

He's funny.

"Because I was the best shag you've had."

He threw his head back in laughter, then spoke up.

"Okay, maybe you were. But I'm not trying to get into your pants again, Audi."

How did he know my name?

"How did you-"

He cut me off, "I have my ways, Audrina."

"Okay, because that's not weird at all." I laughed, feeling the alcohol evaporate from my system.

"Maybe just a little bit. But I'm not trying to be a bother. Just wanna get to know you a little better."

I laughed at him, scooting closer, whispering in his ear.

"You don't want to get to know me better."

He just looked at me, with sadness in his eyes.

"And why not?"

"I'm a damaged person, Zayn. I'm not someone that you want to waist your time on getting to know. I have a lot of secrets, a lot that no one knows. And I'm not going to let just anyone in on those secrets. I've done some fucked up things, and I don't think that anyone would talk to me again if I told them."

I looked down at my hands. He slowly slid his hand over to mine, intertwining our fingers.

I looked up at him, with tears in my eyes. Why was I crying?

"And I'm a damaged person to, Audi. Don't be so quick to judge. I have skeletons in my closet and monsters inside of me. I'm not the best person to be around either, but I want to get to know you. Something about you makes me want to protect you. Even though, you seem like the person to handle themselves. But I think you need a break from that, letting someone else do the dirty work."

"I guess you're right, but I just don't want to make a mistake by letting someone in, only to be left because of all the things that I've done."

He sat quietly for a minute, before he spoke up.

"Why would I leave whenever I'm just as damaged as you are, if not more? I wouldn't even think about leaving you. I know I don't even know you, but there's just this attraction to you, and something is dragging me in. I don't know what it is, but I'm going to find out. And I'm not going to let you go. You can push me away, and you can try to get rid of me. You can punch me, you can scream at me, but I'm not letting you go so easy. I'm not letting you go at all."

I don't know what's gotten into me as I scooted closer to him.

That's when I kissed him.