Chapter 16: I'm Sorry, What Did You Say?

"If you look here, you'll see the babies head. I'll try to look closer to see if I can determine the gender." The doctor said, sliding the ultrasound handle over my belly.

The gel swished around my stomach, the pressure building up as she rubbed over my tender belly.

I was so nervous to find out what I was having, and by the way my hand was losing circulation, I could tell Harry was too.

He started to rub circles over my knuckles with his thumb, trying to calm my nerves.

"Ah, here. It looks like you're going to be having a baby boy!"

A boy?

What would I name him? Would he look like me, or would he look like Harry?

So many thoughts ran through my mind.

"A boy!? Audrina, we're having a boy!"

Harry practically jumped up and down.

"Oh, well that's weird." The doctor said, rubbing the back of her neck.

What's weird? Is everything okay?

"What's weird?" Harry asked, pushing my hair back from my forehead.

"I seem to be picking up more than one heart beat."

Another one?

"Another? There's only supposed to be one, right?"

The doctor laughed, shaking her head.

"Well, not all the time. In your case, there's not only one heartbeat, but three." She said nervously.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Harry asked, stepping back, running his hands through his hair.

"It seems like you're going to be having triplets, Miss Chronister."

Triplets. Three. Tree babies. Three screaming, pooping, loud babies.

I thought that having one baby was going to be hard enough, but three?

That's too much. That's two too many.

That's two more than I expected.

Hell, I didn't even expect one.

"Oh my god, baby," Harry whispered in my ear, then kissed my forehead.

"Three beautiful babies."

"If you want, I can find out the genders?" She said, smiling widely.

"We already know one of them, I'd like to keep the rest a surprise." Harry said laughing nervously.

"Yeah, sounds good." I said.

I couldn't fight the tears back that we're running down my cheek.

Harry brought his hand up to my face, wiping away the tears.

"Baby, don't cry. Everything is going to be alright. My mum said she would help us out with whatever we needed." He cooed.

"Yeah, that's what she said about me having one baby. How is she going to react to three babies, Harry? Three babies."

"I'll call her, and we can go over there for dinner later tonight. We can tell her then, alright baby? Everything is going to be okay."

Harry pulled out his phone, as we were leaving the doctors. He tapped away nervously at the screen, bringing the phone to his ear.

"Hi mum. I was wondering.. could Audi and I come over for dinner later? We have important news. Yeah. Alright. That's fine. I'll see you then. Okay, yeah. Alright. Okay, mum. Bye."

He sighed, putting his phone into his back pocket.

Honestly, whenever I met Harry at Drew's house, I never thought things would end up the way that they are.

Pregnant with three babies, definitely wasn't on the agenda for my fucked up life.

Whenever Harry told me that he was going to be here for me, I didn't think he meant in this way. Knocking me up, nearly killing Zayn, and me living with him.

My whole life depended on him, and I didn't like it.

But I can't say that I regret it, because I don't now.

"What'd she say?" I asked, looking up at Harry.

"She said be there at 7 and we could talk."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

7:00 exactly.

We were pulling up the driveway to Harry's mum's house.

I had to admit, I was quite nervous.

I've never even met her before, and I didn't even know her name. This was definitely going to be interesting.

I hopped out of the car, and closed the door. I waited for Harry to come around, and lead me up.

My palms were sweaty, and I could feel my forehead sweating also.

Harry came around to the passengers side, and took my hand. I looked up to him, and he looked down at me smiling.

We walked up to he front door, and just before he could knock, the front door opened revealing a woman in her mid 30's or early 40's. She was absolutely gorgeous.

"Hi baby! it's good to see you again. This must be Audrina." She looked at me, smiling wide.

I extended my arm, waiting for a hand shake.

Instead, she pulled me in for a hug.

She smelled of vanilla and cherries.

I stood there awkwardly for a minute, then returned the hug.

I pulled back quickly.

"Hi Mrs. Styles. It's nice to meet you." I said, smiling at her.

"Oh dear, please call me Anne. Harry go in and get your sister, the food is on the table. Come on in, Audrina and let's get ready to eat!" Anne said excitedly, grabbing my hand pulling me inside the house.

I sat down at the table, waiting for Harry to come back.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as Anne just stared at me, probably trying to find something to talk about.

"So, Audrina. Are you excited about having a baby?"

No. because I'm having three.

"Well.."

"Well, mum. That's why we came.. we have something to tell you." Harry said, sitting down in the seat next to me, taking my hand in his.

He looked down at me, and gave me a reassuring smile.

I looked down at our hands, then back up at Anne.

"Well, what is it baby?" she asked Harry, smiling.

"Well, mum. We're not having a baby."

"What do you mean, you're not having a baby? What happened? Oh god, please don't tell me you've had a miscarriage Audrina."

"No, mum. That's not it." Harry said, looking around nervously.

"Then, Harry, honey. What is it?"

Well, here goes nothing.

"We're not having a baby, Anne. We're having three." I spit out, not able to hold it back.

I heard a clatter, and looked up to see Anne and Harry's sister with wide eyes and mouths opened.

This wasn't going to be good.