Chapter 8: Take Me In

I was woken up to someone shaking me.

"Audrina, we're here. Wake up, love." I shook my head and said, "Five more minutes."

I heard laughter, "Come on."

I didn't answer, I just shook my head.

Suddenly, I was picked up.

I opened my eyes, looking around at my surroundings. I was inside a nice flat. The whole house was white, with red furniture surrounding the living room. There was glass windows probably on every wall, making it look like a sun room. Just the whole living room was full of windows. There was a big chandelier hovering over a coffee table with magazines cluttered on the surface. It looked very cozy, and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep.

Unfortunately, the curly haired boy wouldn't let me.

"Stay here, and I'll go run your bath."

"I LIKE BUBBLES."

He erupted into a fit of giggles.

"Whatever you want, Audi. Bubbles it is." He turned around, making his way down the hall into the bathroom. Shortly after, I heard the water running in the bathroom, along with humming.

I admired his tune as I sat up from the couch, making my way down the hall to where the bathroom was lit up.

I peeked around the corner, suddenly feeling hyper.

"Will you sit in here with me while I take a bath, pweeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?"

I begged, jumping up and down earning a laugh from the curly haired boy.

"Uh, sure Audi. Whatever you want."

"Okay, good."

I started to take my clothes off while he was turned towards the tub, filling it up with bubbles.

He started to turn around, just as I was sliding my bra off of my shoulders. He opened his mouth, staring at me in shock. I just smirked at him, walking closer.

He suddenly moved backwards, I snaked my arm around his shoulders. He was stiff at first, and I tightened my grip around him, he slowly put his arms high on my waist.

I laughed, "I'm not piousness, I promise." 

I took my arm off of his shoulders, sitting into the bath tub, rubbing the bubbles along my arms. I looked at Harry awkwardly sitting on the toilet with the seat down, fiddling with his fingers.

"How come you're so distant from everyone? I mean, I'm not trying to be mean, but.. Why don't you let people in?" I looked at him, a bit taken back from his question.

"Uh.. I'm not sure. Just never been good with letting people in. And I never will be, so you might as well get used to it."

I looked down to the tub, fiddling with my fingers now waiting for his answer.

"Well.. I want to get to know you. And I know that it will take some time, but can you at least try? Tell me why you are this way, let me in.. please?"

I looked up at him, tears in my eyes.

"I can't let you in. I used to let people in, only to be disappointed. They always leave once they find out how fucked up I am in the head. I can't let anyone else in. There's only two people in this world that know why I'm so fucked up in the head, and they're the reason for it. So I'd rather not talk about it."

More tears spilled down my cheeks.

"I don't care how messed up you are in the head, I want to fix you. I know it's going to take some time. But, just let me in. I won't disappoint you, I promise. I'll be there with you every step of the way. I will help you get on the right track. I know people that can get you a stable job, I can easily get you a car you wouldn't have to worry about anything..."

He went on, talking about how he can help me. I just sat in the bath, unsure of what to say.

"I'm not going to let you in. I have no where to go, I'm not going to just take things from you as a gift, I can't let you help me. I have to do this on my own. I'm not going to learn if I have you do everything for me."

"Just please, let me help you.. It's going to be hard, but I don't care. As long as we have each other, we can do this."

I looked at him for a second, then back down at my hands. I started playing with the bubbles, trying to get my mind off of everything.

"Let me in, Audrina. I can help you."

I thought about everything for a minute, before speaking up.

"I'll let you in, if you take me in."