Chapter 26: Who's Really To Blame Here

"James, stop. It was a dumbass letter from Zayn saying shit about Harry. It's okay, just calm down."

I tried to speak to James in a calm voice, but it just came out as a shaky run on to try to get him to leave me alone.

Thankfully it was working though, because he backed away from my bed and sat back down in his chair.

I'd be lying if I said James didn't intimidate me, because he does.

There's just something off about him, and I can't put my finger on it. How would anyone know that I'm here, let alone Zayn? I hadn't talked to Zayn since we were at the Sleeping With Sirens concert. Speaking of which, I didn't even get to finish the concert because I was so, lovely, dragged out.

"Okay, whatever you say Audrina. Have you heard anyone that goes by the name of Niall Horan?"

My heart stops at the mention of his name. The Niall that I seemed to remember, was only a figment of my imagination, wasn't he?

So was Megan..

"It sounds familiar. Blonde hair, blue eyes, about 5'9"?"

He shook his head no, and laughed, looking me in the eyes.

"No. You're thinking of his brother, Sebastian. The Niall I'm talking about has brown hair with with a blonde streak, he's about 6'0 but he does have blue eyes, so you got that part right.."

I cleared my throat and looked at James, and sat up in my bed.

"Okay, so why is Niall important to what we're trying to go over?"

He slouched in his seat, and ran his fingers through his hair. I'd also be lying if I said James wasn't fucking hot. The way he seemed so stressed out about everything was completely sexy, in a way.

He was completely different from Harry, by the way he had to think about things before he continued with his sentences. Harry would just talk without thinking about anything, not caring if his words were harsh or not.

"Fuck. Nothing, Audrina just forget I said anything about him okay? The one person you need to be worried about right now is Zayn. He isn't safe, and trust me whenever I say he isn't. He's killed people before, Audrina. People who were good, and some that were bad. He's not good news, and I don't want you around him."

"Excuse me. Who the hell do you think you are? You can't go around telling me who I can and cannot go around. I'm not a fucking child and you're not my parents. Hell, whenever I even had parents, I didn't listen to them."

James sighed and stood up from his chair, making his way back to the door once again.

"I told you before, Audrina. I'm trying to keep you safe. But I can't do my job if you don't listen to me. I'm begging you to stay here and don't get in contact with Zayn, please. He's not a good guy."

"You're not much better, James. I know you've killed people before too."

He looked down at the floor quickly, then slowly looked back to me.

"How did you know that?"

So it's true. Did he really kill Jake, or was it Zayn who did it? Or did Niall do it? Why would James mention Niall if he isn't someone to be worrying about?

Being in this damn room for 1 week is really starting to get to me. I don't even know where I'm at, non the less do I know what this place really is.

And could I get out of here?

"Don't think about leaving this place, Audrina. If you do, just know that I have people watching your every move. And who knows, the same person that killed Jake, just might come after you too. But go ahead, and go out there and see if you don't get killed. Don't say I didn't warn you."

And just like that, James was gone.

-

-

-

-

-

- 2 hours later. -

-

-

-

I opened my eyes, looking around the room to find a clock. My eyes landed on the red digits lighting up, 7:45 pm.

I must have fallen asleep for a good two hours or so, and there's still no sign of James.

I tried to climb out of my bed, making my way towards the door. I noticed another letter laying underneath the foot of the door.

I bent down, picking up the letter an opening it.

Hmm, that's weird. It didn't seem to have a name on it this time.

Dearest Audrina,

You think you're safer in that insane place than you are on the outside? Don't listen to a word James says, like Zayn said before, he's a liar baby. You can't give in. You know you're safe with me. Leave that place, and come be with me. We can live and grow old together. Afterall, I do know who has your babies.

And I don't think Harry is doing too well without you, so what do you say? I'm thinking about getting rid of James too, just like I did... well never mind. That doesn't matter now.

Sleep well, broken girl.

- greg

Chills ran down my spine.
That stupid son of a bitch. He's not going to touch Zayn, Harry, or James. He'll be a dead man trying, and I'll make damn sure of that.

-

-

-

-

-

Zayn's POV

"Come on, Greg. You have to stop tormenting the poor girl. You have to tell her who really killed her best mate."

He paced back and forth before punching the wall.

"God damnit, Zayn. I'm not going to tell her the truth."

"And why not? She deserves to know who did this to her. She's not safe with him, and you know it. He's always around, and he won't leave her alone. She could be next."

Greg took a deep breath before speaking,

"Okay, Zayn. But if James kills her, like he did Jake, you're dead."