т н я є є

it was a pretty typical day in the humble home of the monsters and of the human child.

alphys and undyne were watching animé in the living room, casually snuggled up against one another on the caramel-tinted couch while chewing greedily on their snacks. they were watching an animé called “fairytail” in which they heard from their internet friend, was a great show so they decided to check it out.

frisk, flowey, and monster kid were outside playing under the warm sun, their laughter (but flowey’s since why would he bother to join in if he kept on wallowing himself in denial about the fact that he was actually enjoying himself) audible from within the walls of the house.

meanwhile, the former king of all monsterkind, asgore was wandering the woods that was located at the foot of the mountain just nearby, refreshing his mind from the still nostalgic memories of his family and of his reign over the underground.

papyrus was out in the city with his human friends, strolling around a newly constructed mall while taking pictures of one another to collect as much memories of their friendship as possible.

however, sans and toriel were the only ones remaining inside of the abode, who had no plans inserted into their schedule for the day. sure, the goat mother had her usual routines such as preparing the three meals and two snacks of the day, cleaning every room in the house by the decided scheduled day of the week, checking up on her lesson plans, and practicing her educating skills to frisk every evening. that were all the things that occupy her time of the day, though her day was not as hectic as it should be around weekdays, considering that it was a weekend; meaning, more family time and more rest. but the former had to wait until next weekend anew due to everyone else being busy doing their own things.

on the other hand, the other highly vacant monster in the house (cue sans the skeleton) sat lazily on the couch adjacent to the alphyne couple’s orange sofa. he didn’t bother watching the show nor talk to any of them since his mood was just below energized. sans’s eyes were starting to become heavier and heavier as the seconds turn into minutes, as those minutes stretched into a long hour pure of laziness. he was not able to get enough sleep the previous night due to him keeping on pondering about what happened the other morning. two simple kisses at each cheek already made him flustered and embarrassed, plus, whenever something romantic would occur, he would just freeze up out of panic instead of dojng anything to help his own matter at all. the skeleton just couldn’t stop thinking about her and about not wanting to hurt her.

toriel . . .

her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her touch . . . “why is he even thinking of such things?” he wondered curiously. it’s driving him insane! but he couldn’t stop his brain from gaining feelings for the former queen. he hadn’t felt a stomach-tying feeling for who knows how long. the only time he felt this feeling was when he was going to present his speech (which he complimented his own work as “driving others speechless”) in front of the entire school. that was just how the craziness in his nonexistent stomach grew: churning of atwitterment.

but, one thing he also could not control nor avoid when in the trance of having a strong infatuation (other than nervousness) was the doubt. these dubious thoughts would invade his mind and pollute it with disappointment, horror, and disgust towards what might happen and towards his stature. he was aware that every word that would be spat out by his own mind directed towards him was out of stress, but it still greatly affected his manner of approaching his love interest.