f ι ν є

it was yet another glorious day living on the surface.

everybody in the house was doing their usual activities that they either find fun or relaxing; either way, each activity was definitely apt to their personalities.

except for one monster.

it was very much uncharacteristic of this particular skeleton to be wandering around the mall, walking at two in the afternoon instead of typically being sprawled on the couch, napping and snoring his worries away.

sans walked around in a jewelry shop where only a few customers seem to be stopping by. it was expensive in the currency of humans and the jewelry shop was generally rather respected due to it, as said by papyrus, being a quality brand. a few humans stared at the short skeleton but he payed no mind towards them, continuing on with his search for a necklace worth his savings.

wait, sans has savings? he actually does have savings hidden in his bedroom, but then why didn't he pay for his tab? the two skeleton brothers just had a talk about the large tab to pay in grillby's and papyrus told the shorter that he would be covering for the entire thing. sans declined his offer, saying he could just find a way to make seven thousand dollars, but sadly, he lost from the debate that ensued between the two brothers. papyrus won and lost seven thousand while sans lost and won guilt. immense guilt which made him indebted to his younger brother for a lifetime.

but what was he doing in the jewelry shop? well, sans was thought that giving toriel a gift was a sweet way present his gratitude for her since she helped him get to his room when he was being an emotional drunk.

so the skeleton decided to buy her a beautiful byzantine locket, touched with the grace of the forger, as its intricate details protruded elegantly like the presence of the wind frozen into violet ice. the chains of the locket was of the same shade and each link was small but perspicuous, connected to the top edge of where the pictures could be adhered upon. the inside of this case was smooth and was still composed of meticulously carved curlicues at each of their frames. it was an excellent option, but what made it his final decision was the small orchid he saw at the center of the locket. this made him recall the purple orchid displayed at the dining table, alongside the colorful bunch of tulips. it amazingly reminded him and described toriel, also known as the woman he truly adored.

he grinned to himself as he received the bag where the locket was placed inside of a silver box, its insides blanketed with red cloth to prevent it from beinh scratched. sans could not wait to give the byzantine locket to the goat, anticipating her reaction from his thoughtfulness; and maybe, perhaps, receive . . . a kiss?

he teleported to his bedroom and opened the bottom wooden drawer. the comedian cut out a portrait of toriel in the shape of the round locket. he decided to place frisk with asriel as well back when he transformed into his true form approximately two years ago.

delicately fitting the pictures into the two frames inside the locket, sans smiled in satisfaction at the perfect fit.

his gleeful eyes contorted into wistful ones, staring at the locket in his hands in deep thought. hopefully, toriel and him would be a perfect fit, too.

unless, that is, if the perfect fit between them meant they were absolutely apt as friends and only friends.

sans sighed, shaking his head from the negative thoughts. he just had two goals in mind as of now. first, give toriel the necklace and, second; make sure she's happy at all times.