Chapter 26

The family and the possessed skeleton glared at each other as if there was a competition going on. Sans smirked while the others continued glaring daggers at him.

“I would love to get in a competition but I know you’ll just waste my time.” Sans chuckled. He hopped off the bed and placed his hands in his jacket’s pockets.

“WHOEVER YOU ARE, STOP BEING A WIMP AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!” Undyne warned, gripping her spear very tightly, rage engulfing her.

A child’s laughter can be heard after the fish’s warning. This soon errupted into loud laughter filled with madness.

They all looked around cautiously. The laughter echoed in the room before an apparition of a child with rosy red cheeks and blooshot eyes appeared.

“HAHAHAHA!!!” Chara laughed demonically. She pointed at them with pure amusement. “HAHA!! YOUR FACES!! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THEM!!”

Undyne glared at the demon. “Of course it’s you,” she said through gritted teeth.

The family noticed the same black string that attacked Sans before, attached to him now — controlling him like a puppet. The once conscious skeleton now lied on the floor.

Asgore glared menacingly at the demon making her flinch yet unnoticingly. “Why are you doing this? You’re a monster!

“Same as always.” Chara rolled her eyes, bored of the same line. “Do you ever change?” She let go of the black strings controlling Sans making him fall to the ground, Papyrus catching him at the right time. “Am I right, Sans?” Chara asked the now awake skeleton.

Sans looked at everyone then back at Chara, perplexed. “What?”

“You know what I’m talking about,” the demon crossed her arms, only receiving the same confused expression. Chara facepalmed. “Just…” she paused. “PREPARE TO DIE!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

The surroundings became dark and the same four options appeared before them but this time, as a whole.
_______ _____ ______ ______
| FIGHT | | ACT | | ITEM | | SAVE |

“Ready for another fight?” Chara smirked.

Frisk stepped out of the crowd and looked at Chara sternly. “No. We don’t want to fight.”

“Tsk tsk. Typical Frisk. Pacifist as ever.” Chara said while shaking her head and crossing her arms. “Why won’t you just RESET already, Frisk? It’s pointless. This happy timeline is twisting into a dark one. Just GIVE UP.”

Toriel payed no attention to the child demon and focused her gaze on Sans. She approached him, intertwining his bony hand with hers. She smiled. “I’m glad you’re back. I truly missed you.”

Sans looked at her lovingly. He tightened his grip onto hers yet he uttered no words. They locked gazes at each other, adoring each other’s eyes; her hazel brown eyes and his tiny white pupils.

Toriel smiled but it soon dropped. She saw specks of tears in the corners of Sans’s eyesockets. He then suddenly pulled her in for a tight hug. She was taken aback by the sudden action but hugged back.

Papyrus watched the two cuddle each other. “Nyeh so sweet!” He joined in the hug, extending his long skele-arms to engulf them in a big embrace.

Frisk giggled and jumped in the hug with Flowey still in her hand. Flowey has a grimace on but still joined in. He didn’t show much by emotion but deep inside, he likes the warmth of the family.

Undyne grinned at the happy family moment. She jumped in, tackling most of them. “DON’T LEAVE ME OUT, PUNKS!!” Alphys shrieked as her girlfriend dragged her in the hug.

Asgore approached the group. He looked at each of their beaming famous, urging him to go with the hug. He decided to agree with the idea and clomped them with a big bear hug. They laughed at the sudden contact, chiefly lifting them off of their feet at his massive strength.

“Woah!”

“WOOHOO!”

“AAAAAHHHHH!!”

“Alright!”

Chara watched the scene quietly. She had this feeling resonating within her. A tear involuntarily cascaded down her cheek and dripped from her chin to the cold surface of the dark ground. She looked down at her shaky hands. Realizing what she just expressed, she clenched her hands into fists and grimaced at her own actions. “No Chara. Keep it together,” she looked back at the happy family with annoyance. HELLO! I STILL EXIST! I AM HERE TO FIGHT AND NOT TO WATCH YOU DWEEBS BE HAPPY-LAUGHY!!” Chara complained.

Asgore brought the group down as they parted their contact with each other, still grinning from the hug. Asgore smiled at Chara. That hug which made her feel…like she matters.

“What are you smiling at, dork?”

Flowey let out a chuckle. “You’re still yourself. Somewhere in there, Chara. You’re just that oblivious.”

The mentioned ghost glared at her ‘brother’ (at this state, still consideringly). “Oh, shut it, Azzy.”